Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2008, 08:29 AM

2 posts, read 5,807 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am moving to the area around the end of June and I am looking for some apartments around winston salem and clemmons area. I will be working close to the Wake Forest Campus and I am a recent college grad with no kids or pets. Space wise isnt too important, a studio, one bedroom, or loft would be fine and I am trying to keep rent under 800. Any suggestions of where to look is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 09:08 AM

273 posts, read 950,139 times
Lots of places around, depends on what you're looking for. Downtown would be central for you if you'll be around the WF campus and need to get anywhere else. You could try the Nissen Apts downtown and there are a bunch of others(mostly condos though) downtown. www.nissenapartments.com/
Also this website has some info on it: Downtown Winston-Salem Partnership
My wife and I moved here last summer and we purchased a home after two months in an apartment. We definitely chose the wrong apts, but they were the only ones offering a 3-month lease with a dog. Good luck on your move, let us know if you need any more info.

Old 03-29-2008, 05:33 PM

210 posts, read 507,775 times
HI, I lived in corporate housing last May through July in Summerlin Ridge. Very safe, clean, well maintained, and seems like lots of age groups represented. Quite a few in their 20's. There is back up lighting on the staircases in case of power outages. That was a plus for me during the one outage!

It is right near the Hanes Mall, near the intersection of Stratford and Hanes Mall Blvd and is almost in back of Lowe's. Pool, exercise room, and tennis all included. Seemed to be quite a few rentals open during the summer that were usually full with college students during the year.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:45 PM

2 posts, read 5,807 times
Does anyone have any experience with the crowne apartments or other apartment communities around the campus?

Do you think it would be more economical to pay a little more and live close by WF than to pay a little less and live out of town a little say like clemmons?

Thanks

Old 04-22-2008, 09:09 AM

12 posts, read 34,990 times
I live in Crowne Club which is over by Jonestown road and Country Club. Its not too bad of a commute to that side of town. I absolutely love this apartment. I live in a 1 bedroom and I have friends from school that live in the 2 and 3 bedroom apartments. Its quiet, in a good part of town, nice neighbors, rental staff is good. I would definitely check it out silas creek which will take u to University area is just right down the road.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:24 PM

10 posts, read 71,708 times
Default What We Liked

We lived in the Brookway West Apartments in Lewisville. Not too far out of town but far enough and it's pretty quiet. Not toooo expensive either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point