U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 07:10 PM

7 posts, read 30,592 times

Advertisements

Burlington is a good place to live. it hase everything you need. It is a great place for people under 50.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 10:39 AM

12 posts, read 35,361 times
Default Thanks Everyone!

I've accepted the job and I appreciate the feedback.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,344 times
I know this link is old, but I must say, I do hope you decided not to move here. Let me say, this is a great place to be...IF you like to slow things down... alot! Personally, I'd like to come back here to semi retire, at 47 this is just too slow for me. I enjoy meeting people and making new friends and i have been here for 2 and 1/2 years and I have yet to meet people who want to do things and go places and try something new. Yes, I know they are out here and the schools are great and everything else, but it is just not the city life that I have grown to love. So, I am heading back to Washington, DC and am prayful that all will be well. As for NC. Well, I do love it here as i was born here, my misforutune was that I left it too soon (at age 4) and always came back to visit family and for family functions but I never really gave it the chance it deserved. So, if you did move here I do hope you have a car (or two) to keep yourself involved with any and everything. Welcome to NC whatever your choice was....

Old 03-22-2009, 08:49 PM

10 posts, read 25,819 times
Default Citizens Against Crime

For years crime has been increasing in North Carolina, District of Columbia, Atlanta, Georgia, Phoenix, Arizona, California, Texas, and many other states. What i do not understand why people donot become more concerned with what is going on? Alot of people want to look out the window and complain about crime. But never do anything. We need to join or create neighborhood watch programs. Report any suspected activity to the police. There are many other things that can be done to deter crime. If you live in a higher income area, the crime in the lower income areas, will begin to drift your way. We must take back our streets, our children, and our property. Whose with me? Go to town hall meetings, speak with the city council, and the governor of your state. Even write your Congressman, Senators, and even the President. I noticed in North Carolina gangs are growing. Gangs members are nothing but thugs putting fear in people with intimidation. We must fight back! We donot want to leave this type of future to our children.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:25 PM

7,088 posts, read 13,041,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
i live in the other direction of Catrick--next town over from burlington in Mebane. we go into burlington for church and some shopping. i prefer Mebane though as a place to live. it is prettier and somewhat "safer".
but there are lots of good things about burlington...lots of restaurants, there is a mall, lots of smaller stores, diversity (although Mebane is also diverse)
Hummm, you have been remiss, Mebane also has the best Mexican Restaurant in this part of N.C. (I recommend that everyone tries La Cocina at least once) as well as one really good Italian place downtown. If you like plants & flowers, or grow a veggie garden, Southern States is a trove of information. If you see two german shepherds in the back of an old Blazer, do not try to pet them!!! I try to take them riding at least once a week.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:52 PM

5 posts, read 7,313 times
Not being mean and no offense but the Graham schools are drug infested if you care for your children keep them away. Trust my child and I know from personnel experience..

Old 03-29-2009, 03:34 AM

4,899 posts, read 16,620,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Hummm, you have been remiss, Mebane also has the best Mexican Restaurant in this part of N.C. (I recommend that everyone tries La Cocina at least once) as well as one really good Italian place downtown. If you like plants & flowers, or grow a veggie garden, Southern States is a trove of information. If you see two german shepherds in the back of an old Blazer, do not try to pet them!!! I try to take them riding at least once a week.
i would have you try a nice Italian place---Ciao pizza in the walmart shoppong center----REAL italian food

Old 03-29-2009, 04:59 PM

200 posts, read 732,003 times
I acctually lived in Greensobro and would still go to Burlington to shop ever so often. There are some nice new areas being developed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point