Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 02:15 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,564,500 times

Advertisements

I know it is a shame they tore the King Cotton down.

Greensboro's Grandover Resort and Conference Center is a very nice hotel dont get me wrong, however there is nothing about it thats says "Greensboro". Its like they took a European hotel and tranplanted it in Greensboro. It could very easily be an upscale chain like the Ritz Carlton but its the local touch that I love about The Proximity and The O'Henry hotels.

Grandover

But at least guest can enjoy Wet 'n Wild waterpark less than a mile a way the waterpark opens this weekend so it should be packed.

http://www.jonathan-hawkins.net/photos/albums/emeraldpointe2001/ep6.JPG (broken link)
http://www.jonathan-hawkins.net/photos/albums/emeraldpointe2006/emeraldpointe20.jpg (broken link)
http://www.jonathan-hawkins.net/photos/albums/emeraldpointe2006/emeraldpointe4.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by gsoboi; 05-22-2008 at 02:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 04:51 PM

2,032 posts, read 6,868,536 times
The Grandover reminds me of a resort which would fit in Orlando or Myrtle Beach. It is a beautifully built Hotel, I especially liked the pool and spa. There really aren't that many "resorts" which offer golf, tennis, spa and meeting facilities in one facility in this region. It caters to a different clientele such as golfers, honeymooners, motorcoach groups, conventions, etc. Its a great place for people who don't like downtowns and I think it will be a big hit in NC as its easy to see off the interstate.

Old 05-24-2008, 02:33 PM

articles on the Proximty Hotel: (Great reviews for this Greensboro hotel)

"Greensboro is an apt name for a town that will be home to one of the greenest hotels in the country."
- New York Times, September 2007

"Conservation doesn’t have to mean deprivation.”
National Geographic Traveler, April 2008

Named highest rated "Eco Getaway" by Outside Magazine, March 2008

"America’s greenest (indoor) spot to spend the night."
- Metropolitan Home, April 2008

Top 50 New Business Hotel in the World
- Fortune & Wallpaper, June 2008

"You’re showering with the warmth of the sun."
- USAirways Magazine, March 2008

Old 05-24-2008, 04:09 PM

2,032 posts, read 6,868,536 times
I think the "green" feature of the Proximity will help it attract media attention and guarantee its success and loyalty with the "upscale" group who will find it hard to stay at a chain when they come to Greensboro. Its a brilliant marketing strategy plus help save the environment. Here in Roanoke there is a new subdivision u/c with homes with solar panels, styrofoam walls, more concrete which cuts down on heating/cooling, water collection system, etc.
The people promoting it don't have to advertise as its already sold out. Could this be the next big trend for the future, along with alternate energy sources?

Old 05-24-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roanoker 4 View Post
Could this be the next big trend for the future, along with alternate energy sources?
I hope so. This certainly helps the environment. There is no doubt that going green saves energy as well. But you are correct that this is a good marketing strategy and its the reason this hotel is getting so much attention. Certainly its the place to stay in Greensboro if you are looking for upscale accomadations. Its going to be the place where big business deals will take place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point