Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 07:06 AM

851 posts, read 415,932 times

Advertisements

Valid arguments can be offered on either side of this issue, but in light of the AHA's founding, mission, failure, and subsequent closing, this recent turn of events isn't much to brag about for Greensboro. It may well come to pass, but the less publicity it brings us, the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2022, 07:36 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,051,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
Valid arguments can be offered on either side of this issue, but in light of the AHA's founding, mission, failure, and subsequent closing, this recent turn of events isn't much to brag about for Greensboro. It may well come to pass, but the less publicity it brings us, the better.
This is a complete nothing-burger being turned into some big issue for political purposes.

If anything, use is being made of an otherwise unused property. I don't think it's a "bragging" thing. It just is what it is.

Old 06-29-2022, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
This is a complete nothing-burger being turned into some big issue for political purposes.

If anything, use is being made of an otherwise unused property. I don't think it's a "bragging" thing. It just is what it is.
It's as far from a "nothing burger" as it from "some big issue". And as these pages continue to bear solemn testimony to the fact, it's only the partisan fringes that would have us believe that it must be one or the other. The proposal itself and the ensuing concerns expressed by our delegation demonstrates precisely how the political process is designed to work in a multi-party democratic political system. And this is what seems to be throwing you off.

Old 06-29-2022, 11:28 AM

Quote:
It's as far from a "nothing burger" as it from "some big issue". And as these pages continue to bear solemn testimony to the fact, it's only the partisan fringes that would have us believe that it must be one or the other. The proposal itself and the ensuing concerns expressed by our delegation demonstrates precisely how the political process is designed to work in a multi-party democratic political system. And this is what seems to be throwing you off.
You continuing to try to paint those who understand that this isn't a big deal illustrates your lack of understanding.

Should there be conversation? Sure. But the immediate outrage from the far right is laughably absurd.

I'm not thrown off here. And the truth of the matter is that these people... these kids... have to go somewhere.

Old 06-29-2022, 11:42 AM

Quote:
You continuing to try to paint those who understand that this isn't a big deal illustrates your lack of understanding.

Should there be conversation? Sure. But the immediate outrage from the far right is laughably absurd.

I'm not thrown off here. And the truth of the matter is that these people... these kids... have to go somewhere.
You just don't seem to grasp that you're not the final arbiter of what's a big deal and what isn't, you only think you are. You, yourself, displayed your own "immediate outrage" by labeling as "racist", a poster who dared to voice an opinion not coinciding with your own. This is simply more race hustling from the lunacy of the "laughably absurd" Far Left. As many here have voiced a negative opinion of the proposal as positive, and wait don't tell me.....you in your infinite wisdom and recognition of absolute truth, are right. And they're wrong. Anything else m'lord?

Last edited by TunedIn; 06-29-2022 at 12:25 PM..

Old 06-29-2022, 03:55 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,911,742 times
Quote:
You just don't seem to grasp...
Time to put your shovel back in the shed.
You've already dug that hole (a hole to nowhere) deep enough.

Old 06-29-2022, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Time to put your shovel back in the shed.
You've already dug that hole (a hole to nowhere) deep enough.
This is your contribution? Scintillating. Absolutely scintillating. I'm curious though, do you harbor an actual opinion? I mean, other than simply to denigrate my own. 32,576 posts. Don't give up, you'll get the hang of it. Try using mine as a template.

Last edited by TunedIn; 06-29-2022 at 04:57 PM..

Old 06-29-2022, 05:22 PM

Quote:
You just don't seem to grasp that you're not the final arbiter of what's a big deal and what isn't, you only think you are. You, yourself, displayed your own "immediate outrage" by labeling as "racist", a poster who dared to voice an opinion not coinciding with your own. This is simply more race hustling from the lunacy of the "laughably absurd" Far Left. As many here have voiced a negative opinion of the proposal as positive, and wait don't tell me.....you in your infinite wisdom and recognition of absolute truth, are right. And they're wrong. Anything else m'lord?
And you're not the final arbiter of my political leanings. I stand by my post stating that there thinly veiled racism behind the concerns.

Oh no! Kids are going to be housed on the property of an abandoned school. THE HORROR!

Old 06-29-2022, 05:32 PM

241 posts, read 236,646 times
I won't outright say this is all about race but I will say this, issues like this always expose people's true values. Even the most liberal of people turn into NIMBYS in a heartbeat when it's their neighborhood.

Everybody agrees we should have more affordable housing...until an affordable housing development is proposed near their neighborhood.

Everybody agrees we need more support for the homeless...until a shelter is proposed near their neighborhood.

We all know we need better roads/freeways/highways...

"not in my backyard!"

The problem is everywhere is somebody's backyard. Political blame game aside, the kids are in this country NOW and require humane housing. I have no objections here personally. The 800 jobs the HHS is projecting also wont' hurt either form a practical standpoint.

Last edited by Yac; 06-29-2022 at 10:16 PM..

Old 06-29-2022, 05:36 PM

Quote:
And you're not the final arbiter of my political leanings. I stand by my post stating that there thinly veiled racism behind the concerns.

Oh no! Kids are going to be housed on the property of an abandoned school. THE HORROR!
Let me see if I understand you correctly. Any concerns are simply a matter of racism? I stand by MY post regarding your political leanings.

Last edited by TunedIn; 06-29-2022 at 05:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point