U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 07:07 PM

14 posts, read 41,993 times

Advertisements

I live in Kernersville, and it's about fifteen minutes to downtown Winston-Salem or twenty to Greensboro during rush hour. I moved here from out of state, and I really like it. It's a good place to raise a family, there seem to be ample jobs, and the cost of living is quite low compared to most larger metropolitan areas.
I would describe the winter here as pretty mild. We get all of about five inches of snow here on average for the entire year. It's only cold here for about two months, and even then the temperature usually stays above freezing during the day. You definitely don't need a large down winter coat. If you want to totally avoid snow completely, you really need to go about two or three hours south of here, but compared to Michigan and the Northeast the winters are 100 times better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 12:08 PM

8 posts, read 24,448 times
I used to live in Kernersville where my kids were in school. I loved the elementary school and the preschool where they went.Moderator cut: keep contact info in profile

Old 04-20-2007, 02:09 PM

41 posts, read 182,397 times
Default Kernersville

I would recommend Kernerville Elementary or Piney Grove Elementary. I would say East Forsyth High School is average with other better possiblities either in public or private high schools in the area.

Lived in or around K'ville since 1970. It has changed alot since I first moved there as a kid. Which is good because there is more for kids to do now than when I first moved there. Soccer fields of the first order now are available along with parks with skate areas and the YMCA.

Numerous new develoments, but I would recommend some of the older developments. Across from the fourth of july park is a established development with houses ranging from 150+.

Welcome to North Carolina and K'ville in particular. If you need any other information, just drop a line.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:43 AM

2 posts, read 8,023 times
we currently live in kernersville and love it. the schools are excellent(especially Union Cross Elem.). we are going to move probably in August and will have a 4BR house for rent if anyone is interested. the house has only been lived in since Feb. 2007(NEW!!!!)

Old 06-20-2007, 01:32 AM

72 posts, read 291,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enlightenme View Post
I think the two main elementary schools are Sedge Garden and Union Cross. I keep meeting all kinds of new, young families who have moved to Kernersville. It seems VERY family orientated and centrally located. Sometimes I regret we didn't end up there because it seems like everyone I keep meeting with kids my child's age live there! Another "hot place" for families seems to be Clemmons. I haven't really heard negative things about the schools, but the kids I am meeting are Pre-K.

Here is the NC school Report Card link:

NC School Report Cards

In my opinion, it seems like you really can't go wrong moving to Kernersville. There is a lot nearby if it isn't in town.....
I have 2 young children and love the Clemmons area and I'm a transplant, I love the school system in this area... I have heard good things about Kernersville too, living wise anyway, I don't know much on the school system there though.

Old 07-09-2007, 08:13 PM

1 posts, read 4,793 times
I'd like a little more info on the house for rent. May be moving to the area from Ohio soon and looking for a 4BR home for rent. thanks!!

Old 07-11-2007, 03:07 PM

2 posts, read 8,255 times
Hey! Can you tell me more about your house? I live in kernersville and need a bigger place. What are you asking for monthly rent?

Old 07-31-2007, 07:24 PM

9 posts, read 20,365 times
We just came back from Kernersville and we loved it there it's so nice and everyone we have met were so nice. We can't wait to sell our home in Ct to move down there.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:45 PM

1 posts, read 4,700 times
So...what about the 4br house for rent?...looked like everyone was jumping at that.

could you PM me some info?

Old 08-27-2007, 03:24 AM

1 posts, read 4,654 times
Default Kenersville

We are also planning a move to Kenersvile from South Florida. Have you received any information on Middle Schools ....any comments on Kenersville Jr. High?
Any further comments on Jobs.....airline related. I am a Flight Dispatcher....I know Tradewinds is at Triad?
Looking to buy a 5br+ 2 or 3 bth.....2 story...ect A good
real-estate agent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point