U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 08:30 AM

1 posts, read 5,264 times

Advertisements

My family and I are moving to the Triad area in January and are seriously concidering Kernersville. We have 2 young sons the oldest will be in Kindergarten. I'm looking for a great school for him. Can anyone help me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 08:11 AM

525 posts, read 1,924,075 times
If you scoot a little closer into Guilford county, you can get your kids into Colfax Elementary which gets raves from every parent I know who has kids there.

Check the report cards: NC School Report Cards
Let me know if I can help.
Good luck!

Old 10-07-2007, 09:59 PM

14 posts, read 45,999 times
I'll second the notion that Guilford county schools are slightly better than Forsyth.

Although, the Kernersville Schools are not bad.

Colfax Elem. is nice, Southwest Schools (In High Point, just outside of Colfax) are very nice.

Piney Grove & Kernersville Elem. are both good.
Cash Elementary would be my 3rd choice for Elem. school.

Kernersville Middle and East Forsyth Middle are good.
East Middle has the best Principal though.

I wouldn't recommend Winston Salem though (Except for East Forsyth & Glenn) They are both in the Kernersville area.

East would be my 1st choice for High School, Glenn would be a 2nd choice.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:30 AM

1 posts, read 5,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER1112 View Post
we currently live in kernersville and love it. the schools are excellent(especially Union Cross Elem.). we are going to move probably in August and will have a 4BR house for rent if anyone is interested. the house has only been lived in since Feb. 2007(NEW!!!!)
Hi there,
Can you tell me a little bit about your house for rent, if it is still available? My husband and I are planning a move to that area soon.
Thank you!

Old 10-09-2007, 12:06 PM

If you get on the east side of Kville closer to Colfax in Guilford County, you can get the kids to Colfax Elementary which is a very good school. And that area, as I have posted before, is a great place to live if you work in one city and the spouse/SO works in another. Colfax is growing, you are close to the Farmer's Market, it's easy to get to Winston, HP and Greensboro.

Good luck!

Old 10-09-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Moving to Kernersville?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP61205 View Post
We just came back from Kernersville and we loved it there it's so nice and everyone we have met were so nice. We can't wait to sell our home in Ct to move down there.
Let me know if you need anything- I cover to Kernersville (just came back from there a few minutes ago) and it's definitely growing. I have a client who is doing very well building commercial properties, which is not surprising.

Good luck!

Old 10-09-2007, 12:39 PM

12 posts, read 33,895 times
I live in Kernersville, its a great place to live and we have great schools and affordable housing. If you would like more information just drop me a line.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:48 PM

19 posts, read 52,457 times
We Have Only Been In The Winston Salem/kernersville Area For 3 Months. My Son Attends Glenn High School-and Reminds Me That The Basketball Player- Josh Howard Attended Also ---my Son Likes His Classes But Has Stated That Many Of The Teachers Are Rude--but As Well There Are Those Great Teachers That Are Above The Standards.... The Principal Is Very Attentive And Appears To Be Very Involved. I Do Like The Kernersville Area----- I Do Not Care For The Majority Of The Winston Salem Area ----mt Tabor Is Another Good High School.....the Job Market Leaves A Lot To Be Desired But That Appears To Be The Entire Piedmont Area....the Salaries Are Lower Than What I Expected---- There Appears To Be Many Job Fairs And Staffing Agencies But Few Good Jobs.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:55 PM

19 posts, read 52,457 times
My Younger Son Attends South Eastern Middle School...(we Have Been In The Area 3 Months) We Like It Very Much--i Do Not Know Anything About The Other Middle Schools. They Do Not Wear Uniforms At This Time -- There Are Many Elective Classes For The Kids To Choose From - Which Is Very Different Than When I Was In School And Your Classes Were All Chosen For You... My Son Thinks Life Facts Is A Very Cool Class ----- Good Luck

Old 11-08-2007, 07:36 AM

183 posts, read 511,708 times
Default Just moved here from Broward County S Fla

And am still living out of a hotel, but like it so far.
Craig
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point