Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 01:16 PM

3 posts, read 11,072 times

Advertisements

All of the information on here has been helpful. My family and I are considering Kernersville and really like what we have heard so far. Can anyone give me an idea of what the shopping is like in the immediate area? Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 03:14 PM

33 posts, read 120,282 times
we are doing a move to and right now are going towards Clemmons or Lewisville.....should we consider Kernersville? We just need to be close to WS. Looking for nice home in good neighborhood, low crime and good schools. Which to start looking at?

Old 01-29-2008, 03:24 PM

52 posts, read 184,031 times
Go pats we just moved to Kernersville in Oct from Mass. I'm a season ticket holder(bad year to move). We are right in the middle of the Triad and at the most it's 20 min's to WS(Sister in-law) and not a bad ride. You get more for your money in Kernersville than Clemmons. Any other questions just ask. I need more Pats fans down here. GL

Old 01-29-2008, 05:57 PM

Friars - Hey thanks...that is helpful. It has been an amazing season to be a Pats fan. Looking for the big 19! We have done a lot of research on the Clemmons area because that is where people seem to point to and can't find anyone who doesn't like it. Of course as you know leaving Mass is going to be great in terms of getting away from the $$ of living, the cold weather and the hectic lifestyle. We are being transferred but after hearing such good things about NC we feel we might have even chosen to leave. We are looking forward to the new life. But we do have everything we need here at our fingertips from restaurants, coffee shops, movies, theater, beach, parks, etc. We are real curious how it will be down there for just the every day amenities. Did you feel a bit of a shock? And now the feedback on Kernersville is coming in and we might look that way too.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:29 PM

525 posts, read 2,123,240 times
Kernersville is 20 mins from Greensboro, HP & Winston-Salem, right smack in the middle of the Triad, so all kind of shopping at your fingertips. K-Ville has small stores and some new big box (Walmart) so your basic needs will be met but for beyond that you will have to hit the larger cities. All the things you mentioned are at your fingertips in NC. Beach 3.5 hours, mountains less than 2.

Let me know if you need specifics- I do this for a living!

Old 01-30-2008, 05:19 AM

I guess we are hoping to have the option to go to the movies, childrens events, shows and theater. Good restaurants vs chains? Bike paths, out door activities, etc. In the North East people are out all the time rain, wind, snow.... there are tons of hiking and biking and out door things to do. We are nervous that everyone will be indoors a lot because there is not a lot to do and they want their AC. We dont have AC up here and very few do so getting outside is important. I might sound ignorant but just curious. And the air quality looks like it is 60%. ??? That is a little unsettling. Right now I am ignorant to the life there and am trying to get educated so pardon me for the crazy questions.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:55 AM

525 posts, read 2,123,240 times
All of those things are readily available near or in Kernersville.

and you will need your AC- during the summer being outside can feel like walking thru warm jello.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:00 PM

yikes......well I guess nicer weather throughout the other part of the year is worth it. How many months of the year do you find are truly "outdoor" months? In addition...I am suddenly seeing comments about the bad schools in NC, bad crime. Geeze....I know not everyone is happy where they are but we have concerns on schools as they don't seem to compare to up here. How valid are these comments we are seeing.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friars View Post
Go pats we just moved to Kernersville in Oct from Mass. I'm a season ticket holder(bad year to move). We are right in the middle of the Triad and at the most it's 20 min's to WS(Sister in-law) and not a bad ride. You get more for your money in Kernersville than Clemmons. Any other questions just ask. I need more Pats fans down here. GL

By the way...never asked what part of Mass you moved from?? How do you find the weather so far? I hear we will enjoy almost year round outdoor time other than the months of July and August. In addition I see air quality at 60%...that is concerning.

Old 01-30-2008, 09:16 PM

52 posts, read 184,031 times
Played golf in Dec w/shorts on!!!Grew up in RI and lived in Attleboro,Norwood and Plainville. I don't mind the heat and only been down here since Oct. Was here a couple of summers ago and played golf when it was in the 90's and finished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point