U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 07:35 AM

33 posts, read 111,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friars View Post
Played golf in Dec w/shorts on!!!Grew up in RI and lived in Attleboro,Norwood and Plainville. I don't mind the heat and only been down here since Oct. Was here a couple of summers ago and played golf when it was in the 90's and finished.
sounds great! Did you relocate family?? Looking still to confirm it is a great move for a young family. Seems like it but really want to find out all the positives and negatives coming from the North East. We will miss the Cape for sure! And NH, VT, Maine! I want out of here believe me but then think...what are we nuts!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 09:48 PM

4 posts, read 15,783 times
How much will the house rent for?

Kathy

kathy.san@earthlink.net

Old 02-13-2008, 05:15 PM

1 posts, read 3,521 times
Default KVegas!!!

I have been in Kville for 8 years now. I moved here from VA and my husband from KY. We absolutely love the area. We were both in jobs that transferred alot so they asked that we locate in kville. It has been extremely convenient since we both have now worked in Winston Salem, High Point, and Greensboro without every having to sell our house.
There are alot of great outdoor activities for the family in the area. The YMCA in Kernersville is huge, which lots of activities all year long. We have a child that will be sarting elementary school this fall and will be attending Sedge garden. I have friends that work for the school system and others with kids already in Forsyth County Schools and no major complaints.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:43 AM

3 posts, read 8,752 times
Default Kernersville Schools

There are 5 Kernersville Elementary Schools: Cash, Piney Grove and Sedge Garden, Kernersville and Union Cross. The district is divided by zones and based on the area you live in, you are given options to choose for your children and bus transportation. Each school also has a theme, which enables you to send your child to a school that will bring out their strengths. Here's a link to their respected websites: Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools - Elementary Schools

There are currently 3 middle schools that these elementary schools feed into and I would rate them in this order:
Southeast, Kernersville and East Middle. East is the newest school but has had a hard time getting up to par. Southeast and Kernersville are "National Schools to Watch" which is a great honor!

Good luck to you!

Old 02-15-2008, 09:45 AM

3 posts, read 8,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackintheBox1 View Post
I am currently living in South Florida and my family and I are moving to Kernersville. I would like information on the areas schools in particular the elementaries schools. Also would like information as to the best communities for family with small childrens. Any other information you can share would be greatly appreciated. Thank you !!
There are 5 Kernersville Elementary Schools: Cash, Piney Grove and Sedge Garden, Kernersville and Union Cross. The district is divided by zones and based on the area you live in, you are given options to choose for your children and bus transportation. Each school also has a theme, which enables you to send your child to a school that will bring out their strengths. Here's a link to their respected websites: Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools - Elementary Schools

There are currently 3 middle schools that these elementary schools feed into and I would rate them in this order:
Southeast, Kernersville and East Middle. East is the newest school but has had a hard time getting up to par. Southeast and Kernersville are "National Schools to Watch" which is a great honor!

Good luck to you!

Old 02-19-2008, 09:30 PM

13 posts, read 49,564 times
The schools in Kernersville are OK but the best elementary school in the Triad is Meadowlark Elementary which is classified as "Honor School of Excellence" meaning 90% to 100% of students are at or above grade level. This is the highest distinction a school can get when it comes to students' performance. Meadowlark Elementary is in Winston-Salem, just a few miles from Kernersville. If yu need more info log on to MyCapstoneProperties.com and go to the school tabs on the left side of the page.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:52 AM

40 posts, read 142,402 times
Default ethnic breakdown on Kernersville

Perhaps someone familiar with Kernersville first hand can clear up a disparity in information I'm finding on the web. The city-data stats for Kernersville states the breakdown in race as follows:

[LEFT]Races in Kernersville:
  • White Non-Hispanic (81.4%)
  • Black (8.7%)
  • Hispanic (7.4%)
  • Other race (4.3%)
  • Two or more races (1.2%)
  • American Indian (0.6%)
[/LEFT]

However, when I go to the school data for Kernersville on a government website the breakdown for Kernersville Elementary school shows a much higher minority breakdown :Black 22% and Hispanic around 25%.

I would love my children to go to an ethnically diverse school. I'm just curious as to who's figures more closely reflect the true picture of Kernersville. I'm a little concerned at the high number of children recieving the "Free lunch elegibility program" - Around 50% according to the government site (National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) Home Page, a part of the U.S. Department of Education)

Old 05-13-2008, 12:00 PM

1 posts, read 3,174 times
Relocating to the area and would like my kids to go to colfax elem. Could you tell me what communities would go to that school? Thanks

Old 05-17-2008, 12:16 PM

6 posts, read 19,074 times
The schools in Kernersville are as follows Kernersville, Piney Grove, Sedge Garden, Union Cross, and Cash all are K-5th. Check Nc Shool Report Cards to see how the schools are doing. This is all online and gives you so much information.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 05-17-2008 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: no advertising

Old 05-17-2008, 12:17 PM

6 posts, read 19,074 times
Sorry for the typing it is NC School Report Card
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point