Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 12:09 PM

6 posts, read 21,882 times

Advertisements

Kernersville, Piney Grove, Cash, Union Cross, and Sedge Garden are all in the Kernersville area. All are K-5th. You can go to NC School Report Card to look at the schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 08:45 AM

1 posts, read 8,499 times
Default Live in Kernersville, NC

Where as Winston-Salem and Greensboro are great places to live, new comers should by pass Kernersville. The town is very very racist. The Hispanic population is only 7.5% and the Black population is 8.5% approximately, however, those people are treated with such disrespect. This is seen especially in the legal system. They are harresed and stopped for no reasons, given tickets for very minor things, where whites representing 87% are only waived at. Just visit the local court in Kernersville, and witness the judge treating the Hispanics like dirt. The court room itself on any given day is full of only Hispanics and blacks, with mayby 3 whites, who only receive a court fine at worst for any violation. This town truly have a long way to go before they can great and catch up with the rest of the world.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:24 AM

2 posts, read 9,836 times
Can someone tell us about retiring to Kernersville? We will be retiring soon and consider ourselves "young" retirees - 55. I see a lot of info on schools, but since we are past that, is Kernersville a good place to retire?

Old 08-25-2008, 09:01 PM

1 posts, read 8,351 times
I am another one moving from So Fla up to NC. Originally was looking to Greensboro, but it seems like Kernersville would be a nice, smaller town kind of place. Maybe better for raising kids and family life? Was looking at apartment complexes online and The Meadows looked really nice. Anyone have any info about The Meadows and if they're nice w/ good management? Any info on other apts?

Old 08-27-2008, 01:14 PM

10 posts, read 31,684 times
Hi! I'm new to City-Data.com and just read your request. I know a teacher who works for Kernersville Elementary Elizabeth Noell 336-403-4030. You might want to give her a call to get her opinion. I'm a mortgage lender and real estate agent and although I can give you a list of those in the area, she can give you inside information. What I can tell you is as a parent when looking at putting my daughter into private schools or county public schools, I too did the research. Upon visiting the actual school, I asked the principal, why should I place my daughter in her care vs a private school...I loved the response and gave my daughter to her care. Now my daughter has graduated top in her class...it was the right choice for us.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 08-27-2008 at 03:42 PM.. Reason: advertising

Old 11-04-2008, 09:07 PM

2 posts, read 16,392 times
Smile interested in renting your home

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER1112 View Post
we currently live in kernersville and love it. the schools are excellent(especially Union Cross Elem.). we are going to move probably in August and will have a 4BR house for rent if anyone is interested. the house has only been lived in since Feb. 2007(NEW!!!!)
Hello Tigger1112, My family and I are looking forward to moving Kernersville in May,2009, I have looked up your town and have fallen in love with the idea of raising our children there. I have 3 small children and 1 collage student. I am looking for a house to raise my family, do you know how much you will be renting your home for and is there plenty of yard for 2 little boys to play and have fun in?? I am very interested please let me know the price of rent. Thank you, DiannaC

Old 11-05-2008, 02:01 AM

2 posts, read 16,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilduke View Post
Hi! I'm new to City-Data.com and just read your request. I know a teacher who works for Kernersville Elementary Elizabeth Noell 336-403-4030. You might want to give her a call to get her opinion. I'm a mortgage lender and real estate agent and although I can give you a list of those in the area, she can give you inside information. What I can tell you is as a parent when looking at putting my daughter into private schools or county public schools, I too did the research. Upon visiting the actual school, I asked the principal, why should I place my daughter in her care vs a private school...I loved the response and gave my daughter to her care. Now my daughter has graduated top in her class...it was the right choice for us.
Hello bluedevilduke, I am a American living in the Philippines and want to relocate to Kernersville, NC. We have adopted a little Philippine boy, we have had him since he was born, he is now 6 yrs old. we are concerned that he would be treated poorly in a almost all white community. I never gave it any thought until some guy on this site was saying that Kernersville was raciest is this true or is he giving the town a bad rap??? any help you could give me would be appreciated , I really like that town. Thank you, DiannaC

Old 11-05-2008, 02:02 PM

12 posts, read 75,660 times
Hello everyone! I'm new here to the forums, & was attracted to this discussion. I've been to Kernersville a lot within the last 2 years. I live in Illinois, but my daughter & son-in-law are dentists in Kernersville. They absolutely LOVE all the people there! Their staff...many from Kernersville...are extremely nice & good people. Shopping is great! Just a short ride to above any store you could want. PS.....if you don't mind a plug.....Morse & Doyle Dental.

Old 11-08-2008, 04:42 PM

7 posts, read 32,546 times
I've lived in Kernersville since 1987. I was 10 when we moved here. My kids currently go to the same elementray school that I went to. )

We have two fairly new middle schools. Kernersville middle and East Forsyth Middle. Kernersville is split up into zones which is nice because you get to choose what school you want your child to go to. They can go to any school in their zone. They can also go to a school that is out of zone, but you have to provide transportation and apply for out of zone transfer. Here is a link to school info:

Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools - WSFCS (http://wsfcs.k12.nc.us/education/district/district.php?sectiondetailid=1 - broken link)

As for racism, that all depends on who you talk to. I have never seen the hispanics treated bad. That post from the one person really confused me. Certain parts of Kernersville have a lot of hispanics. They mainly live smack dab in the town of kernersville around Cherry, main, bodenhamer streets and near Lowes Foods off of Piney Grove rd. When you read the Kernersville News, you DO notice that most of the people in the police reports are hispanic. I live on the opposite end of town though and haven't ever seen the hispanics mistreated.

Kernersville used to be a tiny town when I moved here. We had a Hardees, Kmart and one grocery store. Now we have a bunch of grocery stores, Target, Walmart, Lowes, Kohls, etc. It's great to have so much nearby, but I sure do miss all the farmland that used to be around here. Not many farms left.

I love Kernersville and highly recommend it! It's a great town to raise children.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:39 AM

3 posts, read 10,213 times
I am also relocating to NC this summer. I am looking into Kernersville. I am wondering about schools and neighborhoods. Can anyone tell me good neighborhoods?

Wexford Sec 04
Browns Run Sec
Lauriston Knol
Sheffield Place
Sedgelake Garden
Abington

Also, what about Colfax? What is Southwest Middle and High School like?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point