U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2007, 09:48 AM

1 posts, read 10,561 times

Advertisements

I'm relocating to the Winston-Salem/Greensboro area and I want to know where to live, or at least not where to live. I would also like to know if there are any luxury high rise condos in that area. I would love to live in a nice townhouse, house, or condo, but would also love to live on a golf course or a resort like community. Which are the "nice" neighborhoods to live in? I really don't want to spend more thatn $350,000. Thanks for your help because I know nothing about the area!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2007, 10:25 AM

45,269 posts, read 88,570,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekka17 View Post
I'm relocating to the Winston-Salem/Greensboro area and I want to know where to live, or at least not where to live. I would also like to know if there are any luxury high rise condos in that area. I would love to live in a nice townhouse, house, or condo, but would also love to live on a golf course or a resort like community. Which are the "nice" neighborhoods to live in? I really don't want to spend more thatn $350,000. Thanks for your help because I know nothing about the area!
Use the search function on this board and type in "Greensboro" or "Reidsville". I know people have discussed your question before and you could read what has previously been posted. As I recall Reidsville was highly recommended for people looking to spend in your range. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not believe Greensboro has much in the way of any high rises, much less high rise condos.

Old 01-17-2007, 11:57 AM

2,024 posts, read 5,331,111 times
Last time I was down there, the Trade Street arts district in Winston-Salem was getting some condos/apartments, it looked like. You're more likely to find the upscale condo market in Charlotte, the Triangle, or Asheville, though.

Old 01-17-2007, 02:52 PM

41 posts, read 182,482 times
Default Winston/Greensboro

Hello,

Condos in and around this area can go for $250,000 - $700,000 (6 new ones in Oak Ridge). The old Wachovia building downtown Greensboro is being converted into retail and condos. I understand that nearly half or more of those units have already been sold (see this website - http://www.centerpointegreensboro.com/ ). In addition to the Wachovia building, the old North Point dealership has been sold making way for new townhouses across the street from the new ballpark.

Speaking of ballparks, Winston is following the same route as Greensboro in trying to get a new downtown ballpark for its minor league baseball team. If this goes through, I understand there will be development around it similar to that in Greensboro to create new retail/condo/townhomes.

If you prefer a more country feel, how about Kernersville, Belews Creek or Oak Ridge. These areas have homes going from $250,000 - $600,000. I do not prefer these new developments since they generally have restrictions limiting campers, boats, motorcycles, etc.. (my usual toys). I will say they have some good looking large brick homes from quality builders I am familiar with.

Finally, High Point has some upscale townhomes that just went in last year. A friend of the family moved into one last year and loves the area, the townhomes, their association and easy access.

I guess I am saying you should find something in these areas to fit your needs. Nothing in a real skyscaper type, but quality construction. If you need any additional assistance, please let me know.....

Old 01-20-2007, 09:06 AM

3 posts, read 17,752 times
Thumbs up Best of Both in Greensboro

Look in Stoney Creek, NC about 10 miles east of center of G'boro. Beautiful area, good neighborhood

Old 01-20-2007, 09:30 AM

509 posts, read 1,645,075 times
There are a lot of condos and some single family homes in the downtown Greensboro area.

Southside has condos, twins, and single family homes. CentrePointe is building luxury condos - highrise. There are several other very nice condo developments downtown. Fisher Park has some condos and a lot of single family.

I'm a big fan of downtown Greensboro

GT

Old 05-13-2008, 09:22 PM

5 posts, read 18,309 times
Default Moving to Winston-Salem area

bekka17-Hey there. I wanted to know if you ever moved to the Winston Salem area. If so, I wanted to know where-and if you like it. I am also interested in moving to that area and would love ANY and ALL feedback possible from you or anyone on this forum. I want to move but I want to know more about the area, so let me know. Thanks!

Old 05-19-2008, 05:51 PM

676 posts, read 2,803,577 times
There are new luxury condos in downtown Winston-Salem. I have seen them on 4th St. and Broad (I believe) and I think there are some other ones near by. I am sure if you ask a local realtor, they will know more about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point