U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2008, 06:12 PM

13 posts, read 53,597 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

I have just been transferred to Greensboro. I have been there a couple time. It is very nice and I'm excited to move. My job is right next to the airport. What are some good apartments around that area? I need to move in three weeks. It's pretty frustrating trying look for a place online. I am driving down from Ohio next weekend to look around.

I am in my mid 20s and want to live around people my age. Would that be closer to downtown?

Also, if I decide to live near downtown, what is a good place? How would the commute be like to the airport? Does Greensboro get much traffic during rush hours?

Thanks a lot for your help. It has been great reading this forum so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 06:19 PM

21 posts, read 101,089 times
you might consider looking west (winston salem area) as well as East. A lot depends on how old you are, married vs unmarried and what kind of lifestyle you want. I live in Kernersville, which is only about 15 minutes west of the airport and a nice place, BUT I am married and pretty much settled down. If you are single and want night life, then Greensboro would probably be better for you. What is your situation?

Old 07-16-2008, 07:31 PM

I am unmarried. Is the airport area far from downtown greensboro?

Old 07-16-2008, 10:41 PM

779 posts, read 2,931,927 times
Hmmm maybe 20 minutes? Depends on time of day I guess. I'm new here, so I guess I'm not much help! I can tell ya though, if I had been ok with having a 2BR or less, I would have CERTAINLY signed up for the Lincoln Green apartments - the location is awesome, close to parks where everyone is walking and talking, bringing dogs. Depends on if you are into that lifestyle or not.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:01 AM

21 posts, read 101,089 times
yeah, I'd say its about 15 -20 minutes. Not bad at all.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:05 AM

3,491 posts, read 7,860,841 times
From downtown to the airport is not bad these days thanks to Bryan Blvd which is like a highway that connects the airport to the downtown area. I live in a downtown apartment and you will find alot of people your age here in downtown. Two universities and two other colleges border downtown. If you are considering an apartment in downtown Greensboro, there are two suggestions. The new CityView Apartments and the Lofts at Greensborough Court Apartments.

the first phase of CityView Apartments were completed last December and the last phase is under construction right now.

check out this thread on CityView Apartments which includes photos (I live at CityView BTW)

City View at Southside need info fast!!!!

here is the apartment website: Cityview at Southside: Greensboro, NC Apartment

Unlike CityView, the Lofts at Greensborough Court Apartments are located in a renovated building from the early 20th century.

If you want info on the Lofts at Greensborough Court apartments, here is the link

http://www.greensboroughcourt.com/

I will say if you are a city kind of guy, downtown is the place to be. There are over 40 restuarants and bars, 4 coffee shops, Also about 15 nightclubs. Downtown has three theaters (Triad Stage, Carolina Theater, Broach Theater), a new Center-City park and a downtown baseball stadium. The Train and bus station are downtown as well. I know I've save on gas because many times I just walk to the restaurants and If I want to see a baseball game, I dont mind walking 6 or 7 blocks.

If the city is not your thing and you are more concerned about gas (from home to work), then the airport area would be your choice.

Last edited by gsoboi; 07-17-2008 at 09:30 AM..

Old 07-17-2008, 01:17 PM

Thanks for the replies.

I would prefer living downtown because it is around the night life. However, the long commute concerns me.

Any other apartments complexes besides the lofts and cityview in downtown?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:32 PM

627 posts, read 1,863,927 times
Durtkl-

I have a brand new 3BR/2BA for rent that is 16 minutes to the airport and 10 minutes to downtown. See the link to craigslist ad and directions below:

craigslist:
3BR/2BA BRAND NEW/next to Park/Convenient Location/Great Schools!! (http://greensboro.craigslist.org/apa/742451943.html - broken link)

To Airport directors:
from: 3508 brevard, greensboro NC to: North Carolina, United States (Airport: Piedmont Triad Intl) - Google Maps

To Downtown:
from:3508 brevard, greensboro NC to:Spring Garden St @36.061274, -79.858412 to:36.072447,-79.794044 - Google Maps

Old 07-20-2008, 09:45 AM

26 posts, read 74,921 times
Look for places to rent around the UNCG area. Close to downtown, & people your age (roughly).

I honestly don't think the commute out to the airport would be difficult, once you figure out where the traffic is, you can easily have a quick commute.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:43 AM

3,491 posts, read 7,860,841 times
True. Bryan Blvd gets you to the airport pretty quickly. There is never any traffic on Bryan Blvd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point