U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 11:39 AM

431 posts, read 1,215,049 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me information on this development.....From what I see online it is make up of around 10 smaller subs within the one.....

I found a couple that fit our needs and it comes up with Davidson county, city of wallburg and the schools are

elemen : wallburg
ms : ledford
hs: ledford

the few write ups I found on great schools seem positive but would love to hear any first hand info.....

thanks in advance...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 11:50 AM

3,446 posts, read 6,604,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimnSue View Post
Can anyone give me information on this development.....From what I see online it is make up of around 10 smaller subs within the one.....

I found a couple that fit our needs and it comes up with Davidson county, city of wallburg and the schools are

elemen : wallburg
ms : ledford
hs: ledford

the few write ups I found on great schools seem positive but would love to hear any first hand info.....

thanks in advance...
Meadowlands is a nice golf course, designed by Hale Irwin. Wallburg is a nice rural area convenient to W-S, G'Boro and H-P. I don't know anything about the schools there, but have had friends over the years that have had children attend Ledford HS. (My guess is that the schools may not rank as high as the better schools in the nearby cities, but I do not know this to be absolutely true - it's just a guess.) I think the housing lining the golf course was at one time slow to get started, but I think it is well on it's way now. I have not been in the area for a couple of years...

Old 07-18-2008, 12:02 PM

thank you.....

you mentioned the nearby cities may have better school ratings....can I ask which you would recommend>\?

I have 3 boys 13, 10, 5 so the schools are very important.....I dont want redistricting and sports and music programs are important to the kids
we're open to areas since we dont have a commute we're just looking for new 4br+ bonus room possible office/study and a useable yard possibly to put a pool in....

but as I said the schools are of the utmost importance to us.....we're looking up to low $300's preferrably

Old 07-18-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
thank you.....

you mentioned the nearby cities may have better school ratings....can I ask which you would recommend>\?

I have 3 boys 13, 10, 5 so the schools are very important.....I dont want redistricting and sports and music programs are important to the kids
we're open to areas since we dont have a commute we're just looking for new 4br+ bonus room possible office/study and a useable yard possibly to put a pool in....

but as I said the schools are of the utmost importance to us.....we're looking up to low $300's preferrably
With a family like you have I would highly suggest looking at the west side of W-S. W-S is a great place to raise a family. Look at New Sherwood Forest area for housing - you should find houses that fit your needs with prices ranging from high-$200s to well over $1MM. Or "old" Sherwood Forest has older houses, which is the original neighborhood. Both areas are very large. There are some great schools for that neighborhood, Sherwood Elem., Jefferson Middle and Mt. Tabor HS & Reagan HS. If you wanted to live outside of W-S you should look at Lewisville, Clemmons and Pfafftown...and maybe Kernersville.

Last edited by Kootr; 07-18-2008 at 12:40 PM..

Old 07-18-2008, 01:05 PM

We're definately looking for new or newer construction maybe a 2/3 years old at most...we're leaving a home we've totally redone over the past 13 years so I dont want to do that again.....I want to spoil myself in that sense...

I definatley want an area/sub that is child friendly and has other areas close by for friends....we're not looking for subs that are far out from one another...

I'm just totally naive when it comes to this area since I had been searching clayton for the past couple of months but really want to keep our options open and maybe find an area a little more current if that makes sense.....

Old 07-18-2008, 01:12 PM

how would I pull up info on new sherwood forest.....I did a mls search and I got nothing......is there another city/town name I need?

thanks in advance

Old 07-18-2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
We're definately looking for new or newer construction maybe a 2/3 years old at most...we're leaving a home we've totally redone over the past 13 years so I dont want to do that again.....I want to spoil myself in that sense...

I definatley want an area/sub that is child friendly and has other areas close by for friends....we're not looking for subs that are far out from one another...

I'm just totally naive when it comes to this area since I had been searching clayton for the past couple of months but really want to keep our options open and maybe find an area a little more current if that makes sense.....
I think you'll find exactly what you're looking for in the areas I mentioned.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
how would I pull up info on new sherwood forest.....I did a mls search and I got nothing......is there another city/town name I need?

thanks in advance
Sherwood Forest is known as the area's name, however there is a road named Sherwood Forest Road. The area is in zip code 27104.

Here is a link to Allistair Road, which is a main road going into New Sherwood Forest. You'll see on the map where Allistair Road and Peace Haven Road. This is a primary entrance to New Sherwood Forest. On the west side of Peace Haven Road is New Sherwood Forest.

Allistair rd, 27104 - Google Maps

Allistair rd, 27104 - Google Maps

Last edited by Kootr; 07-18-2008 at 01:42 PM..

Old 07-18-2008, 01:38 PM

thanks......the zip will help me search I kept putting in the name but havent found anything yet.....I will check out the links also

Your awesome.... :-)

Old 07-18-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
thanks......the zip will help me search I kept putting in the name but havent found anything yet.....I will check out the links also

Your awesome.... :-)

Here, try this to narrow the search - I put in $250K - $400K single family dwelling for Sherwood Forest...(but it also includes Buena Vista area and Old Sherwood Forest):

Prudential Carolinas Realty NC real estate SC real estate | Listing Search Results (http://www.prucarolinas.com/Listing/ListingSearchResults.aspx?Search=c3d13fce-8510-4edc-a5ad-90404350a804&SearchType=geographic&ListingType=1&L istingDistrictTypeID=&FirstLetter=&Sort=6 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point