U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2007, 06:20 PM

36 posts, read 132,388 times

Advertisements

What area in the triad is best to live if you like to ride your bike or run? Looking for an area with decent schools located close to good riding and running areas. I plan to move when my son leaves middle school in a couple of years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2007, 06:33 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,844,030 times
Road biking or Mountain biking? BurMill park on 220 N in Greensboro has a great off-road trail. It also has a paved green way which goes from BurMill down to Country park on Battleground, check that area out, it's really nice. I used to love riding down there when I lived in Greensboro. Also, in that general vicinity, there is Owl's Roost off-road trail which is a bit rooty but yet pretty nice, not as hardcore as Burmill but nice, it's on Lake Brandt road right after it joins Lawndale. I love the North side of Greensboro, you can ride your road bike on any of those country roads also. Cheers!

Old 01-25-2007, 07:58 PM

36 posts, read 132,388 times
Default good info

thanks! I am planning a move in a couple of years, and Greensboro is sounding better all the time. I live in Dallas right now, and other than White Rock Lake, there is not much close by for riding (road or mountain).

I did visit the in-laws in Lexington on Thanksgiving, and had fun on their mountain bike trails. Of course, they were muddy, and I probably shouldn't have, but hey, I carried that bike all the way from Texas!

Old 01-26-2007, 06:01 AM

3,675 posts, read 7,844,030 times
I just realized I made a mistake. The off-road trail at BurMill park is called Owl's Roost trail, the one on Lake Brandt road is called Reedy Fork trail. I'm sorry, I got the names confused. Anyway, You'll love Greensboro area if you're into outdoors and also if you don't mind driving, you can get to really hardcore trails in about an hour drive west. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point