Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2008, 08:37 PM

910 posts, read 2,293,592 times

Advertisements

Hi, I was studying Holistic Nutrition and had to put it on hold but plan to continue my studies and since I'm looking into possibly moving there want to know if I would be able to practice Holistic Nutrition. FL is not very receptive to this and here one has to be certified by an accredited university (my course, which is completely paid for, is long-distance with Clayton College of Natural Health based in AL). Btw, there weren't any schools within even reasonable distance from me so a l/d course was my only alternative. Thanks for any info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 07:26 PM

799 posts, read 3,227,286 times
I'd say that although the exposure itself isn't as common as in other places, I do think people are quite open to it here. They even have a free magazine at the supermarket which is fanastic: Natural Triad. You can look them up at naturaltriad.com

As far as "new age" type things go, I do think this area is somewhat lacking. There is only one store that I know of in that direction and I haven't visited it yet. If you or anyone else knows of a great place to get healing herbs, crystals and other handy paraphernalia, do chime in. (no pun intended!) har har!

Great post!

Old 09-07-2008, 04:39 AM

910 posts, read 2,293,592 times
Thanks for the link for the magazine web page, it looks very interesting!

I don't consider "alternative medicine" part of new age, actually, a more appropriate term would be "complimentary medicine" and from my own personal point of view it's much more effective at looking for the cause of disease and providing real cures as opposed to treating symptoms which is what allopathic (conventional) medicine does most of the time.

I imagine there are a few health food stores over there; a new online friend who lives in Kernersville told me on the phone that there is a "big one" in GSO but didn't know the name. Is it Whole Foods? We don't have one in WPB but there is one in the next town north (Palm Beach Gardens). It's probably more than 10 mi. away so I've only been there once, with the prices of gas these days I prefer to just visit the smaller local ones whenever I actually do (I get my supplements online at much lower prices).

Old 09-08-2008, 02:10 PM

799 posts, read 3,227,286 times
Oh no! Absolutely not - it's just that in those kinds of shops people tend to be have flyers and things of all type "improvement." I was at my gym recently and they were having a big event; even there that day was someone was someone from a spa, a chakra healer, a masseuse, and a travel agent giving away coupons. Things have come a long way as far as that is considered.

I know of a a bona fide German homeopath here in the Greensboro area (Jamestown actually) who is fantastic and a really great lady. I remember feeling very relieved just to know that she was here! Sorry...I guess I'm rambling on, but I'm happy to see someone else interested in these things. As they say, "Your body is a temple. Does it feel like one?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point