U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2008, 09:24 AM

2 posts, read 6,877 times

Advertisements

Hi-My family lives in NW Greensboro and my husband has been in the Giftware/housewares industry for 20 yrs. He has valuable experience as a VP Of Sales/Sales management positions. This industry has not weathered well in today's economy as many others. He has worked for out of state Companies for the past several years from his home office. We have had opportunities to relocate, however, we have been determined to stay here. He has been out of work for several months now so we are finally getting to the point where we are going to have to consider out of state opportunities. It seems obvious that the High Point furniture industry may be a good fit, however, have not found any resources to locate job openings?? There are such great companies in the triad in other industries as well that he could transition into a sales position with but companies just don't seem to want to invest in training anymore.
We have so much invested in this community with friends and volunteering just looking for a break. Anyone have any good furniture contacts out there?
Thank you, VC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 10:21 PM

779 posts, read 2,933,201 times
Man, I wish! (((hugs)))

Old 09-08-2008, 07:47 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,212,814 times
The furniture industry is just not a place you can break into easily these days. So many experienced sales people have lost jobs or lost clients . . . people hire people they have worked w/ who have experience in the industry. It is nearly impossible to break into. Just being honest.

Check out Hallmark corporation in Kansas City - see if he can pick up a route here representing them.

I also know several furniture sales people who took on lighting manufacturers - you might want to check that out, as well. Big box stores have changed that, too . . . not as many small clients to call on these days- but it is still something to consider.

Other suggestions might be floor sales w/ a large furniture retailer, such as Boyles.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:34 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,637,346 times
If it was me I would totally reconsider getting involved in anything with 20th century type of manufacturing but I did find a good article for you

Manufacturers say they can't afford to make furniture in
America. Bob Timberlake makes sure some of his is.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:27 AM

2 posts, read 6,877 times
Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point