Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2008, 08:30 AM

83 posts, read 246,311 times

Advertisements

When I move, I want my son to attend Claxton Elementary. Does anyone have children or have had a child attend? It gets good reviews, but I wanted to know for sure! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 09:36 PM

799 posts, read 3,227,028 times
I wish I could help, but don't know anyone yet. I too have seen great reviews of Claxton. If you can afford that area, also look into Caldwell Academy ($$) but one of the best I hear....

Old 09-22-2008, 09:28 AM

How is everything at Yester Oaks? I liked them also.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:43 PM

Things are ok, but there was a "rummaging" through cars two nights ago. Nothing was broke in, it was the cars that were unlocked. Someone went through looking for stuff to take. It's fall and I'm seeing a couple red leaves on the ground so far, so I'm getting excited about that!

There are some neighbors of mine who moved to Minnsota, spent two winters there, and have just come back. They used to live in Y.O., and wanted to stay here again before deciding to buy a house. I like it here, but I think I'm so ready to finally have a yard again, KWIM?? They kept the pool open until last week I think, that was pretty cool of them.

I really like the front office though. They know us by name and they are very laid back. It's funny though, people are allowed to smoke in there. The clubhouse has 2 pool tables and one ping pong table, and there are always a couple ashtrays hanging around! One lady in the office, I never see her without a cigarette! But I don't mind, even though I quit smoking back in February this year. I truly don't miss it.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:40 AM

Wow..yeah I visited them, cause my sister lives in Northwinds and she hates it. My old man said I need to stay more on friendly, west market or NW..the area's are better he said..He lives off N. Church

Old 09-23-2008, 06:39 PM

Yeah the Friendly area is great! But I know we can't afford that - yet. I like the homes right around Cascade Park, just off Watauga....feels cozy, like you could settle in and stay forever. *happy sigh*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point