Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2007, 05:52 PM

5 posts, read 17,352 times

Advertisements

My family and I are relocating to the Winston Salem area. We really like the city itself, especially the Old Salem part. The wife has a job in Lexington, so we would need to live in the southern part of the city (close to US Hwy 52 if possible), to shorten the commute. However, she had an interview with the Veteran's Administration in Winston that was rather promising, so there is a good possibility that she will go to work downtown at the federal building. Anyways, I need to know the areas to avoid in the southern part of the city, and perhaps some good advice as to where would be a good place to start looking. We are going to rent for the first year until some of the tenative things are resolved. We have small children and high school age boys, so we need a decent area. Since we are renting, we don't want to pay an arm and a leg either. So, we're looking for the best of both worlds.... economical rent and a good environment.. LOL

Thanks for the advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2007, 06:14 PM

5,660 posts, read 26,995,797 times
The folks in the Triad Forum should be able to help.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/greensboro-winston-salem-high-point/

Old 02-14-2007, 06:21 PM

5 posts, read 17,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
The folks in the Triad Forum should be able to help.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/greensboro-winston-salem-high-point/
Sorry bout that.. I totally did not notice that forum. Could a mod please move this thread over there or do I need to simply repost it? Thanks again for the heads up!

Old 02-14-2007, 06:23 PM

129 posts, read 754,133 times
Default Just my opinion...

Hi Stech,

First of all congrats. Winston Salem is a great city, it's been a while since I lived there but I really enjoyed it while I was there. Since you're looking for a rental, I would suggest that you try the Winston Salem Journal (Sunday edition) and try renting from an individual vs. going through an agency. Since Winston is the home of several universities (Wake Forest and Winston Salem State) I would imagine that finding rental property should still be fairly easy. I'm struggling to remember the names of some of the areas and the location in relation to 52. If I remember correctly the areas around Robinhood dr and Reynolda (rd) are some of the best. You may also want to look around the Bethabara area, it used to be quite nice. I hope I've helped a little though I'm sure a current resident would be of more use

Good luck!

Old 02-14-2007, 06:27 PM

5,660 posts, read 26,995,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stech1 View Post
Sorry bout that.. I totally did not notice that forum. Could a mod please move this thread over there or do I need to simply repost it? Thanks again for the heads up!
Done...............................

Old 02-15-2007, 11:40 AM

676 posts, read 3,075,479 times
Default Try North Davidson county

North Davidson county would be perfect for you. The 27295 zip code is close to HWY 52 and only 15-20 minutes to Winston. Our address comes up Lexington, but we are near the Davidson/Forsyth Countyline. There are townships called Welcome, Arcadia and Midway that are nice, safe, with great schools and very close to Lexington and Winston-Salem. It would be a good area to look in if your wife does work in Lexington or Winston. I don't know specific street names out this way, but I find it to be a lot quiter out here with everything you need close by. We go to old Salem almost every weekend to walk around because we love it so much! Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point