U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 08:14 PM

17 posts, read 65,097 times

Advertisements

HI EVERYONE,
CAN ANYONE TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT LEXINGTON NC??????? MY WIFE AND I ARE THINKING OF VISITING THERE NEXT MONTH.WE WERE CONSIDERING HIGH POINT BUT WOULD LIKE TO CHECK OUT LEXINGTON AREA
ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE APPREICATED THANKS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2007, 05:59 PM

3,100 posts, read 2,285,465 times
Moved from another thread.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:22 AM

2,657 posts, read 7,184,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUATERBACK20/04 View Post

HI EVERYONE,
CAN ANYONE TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT LEXINGTON NC???????
Do you have a goal, researching the town? Retirement, job relocation? Kids? House situation?

You can find a lot of general stuff looking at the town's website
http://www.lexingtonnc.net/ Perhaps people could help you if you outlined specific reasons for choosing the area and what you hope to find there

Old 02-22-2007, 12:19 PM

17 posts, read 65,097 times
Question Considering Moving To Lexington Nc?

Sorry All,
I Should Be More Specific.were Looking For A Small Town
Or I Should Say Slower Pace Setting.we Are Empty Nesters.all Of
Our Close Family And Friends Are South.we've Been Looking In The
High Point Area Also. At This Point Were Not Sure Which Would Be Better.were Not Ruling Out W/s Or Outside Of Greensboro Either.
We Would Like To Build In The Triad Area If Possible.it Just Seems Like The New Homes Are Built Sooo Close Together One Builder We Looked At The Homes We Saw Were So Close You Could Go Upstair Reach Open The Window And Reach Out A Touch!!.so Someone Suggested Lexington Because It's More Spread Out And Also W/s.so If Anyone Can Give Us Info On Lexington Or Any Other Towns That Have The Quaint Small Town Feel,with Alittle Space We'd Really Apperciate It

Old 02-25-2007, 01:47 PM

473 posts, read 1,453,280 times
Red face Lexington, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUATERBACK20/04 View Post

HI EVERYONE,
CAN ANYONE TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT LEXINGTON NC??????? MY WIFE AND I ARE THINKING OF VISITING THERE NEXT MONTH.WE WERE CONSIDERING HIGH POINT BUT WOULD LIKE TO CHECK OUT LEXINGTON AREA
ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE APPREICATED THANKS
I used to live in Welcome, NC, just outside of Lexington. The area is fine. Welcome is a tiny town that if you blink, you've missed it. The only thing there, last I knew, was RCR (Richard Childress Racing) and a small plaza and bank. Please note, last I knew, that the county is dry and if you want any kind of alcoholic beverage or bar, you need to go into Lexington. IMHO, Lexington has the best BBQ, too.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:44 AM

3 posts, read 33,305 times
Default Lexington NC Area

Hello,
What type of information do you want about Lexington?
It is a great place to live.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:53 PM

85 posts, read 388,012 times
I suggest to look in the northern part of Davidson County. In particular, from Welcome northward. This area is convenient to all parts of the Triad. Lexington is nice to visit but I would not live within the City limits.
You should be able to find a County home with the space you are looking for in a home. If you do your research, an existing home may be just what you are looking for.
I grew up and lived in northern Davidson County until we moved to Huntersville 3.5 years ago. One day I hope that we are able to move back to home.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:17 PM

29 posts, read 101,090 times
We have visited the area in November and it is sweet. There are plenty of homes(with land) to choose from and it seems peaceful!

Old 02-10-2008, 06:24 PM

10,565 posts, read 4,411,615 times
Lexington nice little town (county seat) My son moved there and he and his wife and kids like it. It seems that the kids recognized that NC was a great place to move to. So I bought a lot and had a home built on High Rock Lake. We moved in last month and have found it to be nice. If you are willing to go to the other side of Lexinton follow Route 8 South out of town and you might find what you are looking for. I-85 can get you to the triad or Charlotte.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:17 AM

525 posts, read 1,924,370 times
Lexington is my hometown and tho it has lost a lot of the furniture jobs it used to have, it is rapidly becoming a bedroom community for Winston and Greensboro. Homes are cheap and the taxes are low. So if you are looking for an area to retire to, pretty much anywhere in Davidson County would work. If it was me, I'd bring a boat to take to High Rock Lake!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point