U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 11:52 AM

3,491 posts, read 7,860,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourhometriad View Post
The only Aldi I know of here in the G is on High Point road- maybe someone could approach the owners and put a bug in their ear?
There is also one on Randleman road where they used a renovated space in a shopping center. Im sure there are such opportunities in downtown Greensboro. The building I mentioned which use to be a grocery store would be a nice fit, if the owner decides to sell it. Someone should approach the owners. Aldi would would be a perfect fit for downtown. Its also the right scale for the center-city. I visited their website and there appears to be no contact or email address on the website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 11:08 AM

2 posts, read 14,396 times
I will be moving to the Greensboro, Nc area in 2 months. I would like to know where the safest neighborhoods are located and the best apartments. I am only able to spend $600.00 a month on an apartment. Is this feasible for those areas? I am thinking the southern states have economy living which will still be nice in quality. I also need to know where the contemporary churches are located. I will be working in the 27407 area code. Please help!

Last edited by citygirl68; 02-02-2011 at 11:09 AM.. Reason: typos

Old 05-21-2015, 07:09 AM

4 posts, read 19,110 times
Get away from downtown areas...
Pure thuggery..Look at the local news..

Old 05-21-2015, 07:47 AM

3,867 posts, read 6,657,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gators79 View Post
This thread is more than 4 years old. Your negative obsession with downtown G'boro lacks credibility. Most of us on C-D try to provide positive, but realistic, advice. For you to sign up and immediately fire off three negative, cryptic posts on old threads indicates a personal agenda that does not mesh well with the purpose of this forum.

Last edited by roadpony; 05-21-2015 at 08:01 AM..

Old 05-21-2015, 09:58 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,305,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gators79 View Post
I live downtown, maybe you should get your head out of the TV and live a little.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:28 AM

1 posts, read 451 times
We are moving to Greensboro! Sooo excited! Our kids will all be gone by this fall. Close to 60. Where should we live? Currently live outside of DC with an HOA, tennis courts, pool. Would like a safe community to meet people and be able to run and play tennis!

Old 03-05-2018, 06:11 AM

6,800 posts, read 4,435,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4dukefan View Post
We are moving to Greensboro! Sooo excited! Our kids will all be gone by this fall. Close to 60. Where should we live? Currently live outside of DC with an HOA, tennis courts, pool. Would like a safe community to meet people and be able to run and play tennis!
Have you ever been to G'boro? If so, were there any areas you especially liked? Whats your budget? Do you want a single family house or condo or either? Is having a pool and tennis courts inside your community a requirement? Are either of you working? If so, where is the job located?

The more information you can provide, the better answers you will get.

Old 03-07-2018, 09:37 AM

1 posts, read 388 times
I am moving to Greensboro this summer after school gets out. I have never been there. I will start commuting for work to Greensboro in April. I am married with three children a 10th grader, 6th grader and kindergartner. I will be splitting my time between Greensboro 27049, and Winston-Salem 27106. Fortunately the pay for this job is great. Ideally I would like to have access to a pool and tennis courts. I don't play golf, so a golf course isn't necessary. We are looking to rent for at least a year before purchasing a home.
If you could pick the best place to live for a family like ours, where would you pick to live? We want to experience the best of what Greensboro has to offer. We are really looking forward to this move!
Thanks for any feedback!

Old 03-07-2018, 12:06 PM

6,800 posts, read 4,435,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughknowit View Post
I am moving to Greensboro this summer after school gets out. I have never been there. I will start commuting for work to Greensboro in April. I am married with three children a 10th grader, 6th grader and kindergartner. I will be splitting my time between Greensboro 27049, and Winston-Salem 27106. Fortunately the pay for this job is great. Ideally I would like to have access to a pool and tennis courts. I don't play golf, so a golf course isn't necessary. We are looking to rent for at least a year before purchasing a home.
If you could pick the best place to live for a family like ours, where would you pick to live? We want to experience the best of what Greensboro has to offer. We are really looking forward to this move!
Thanks for any feedback!
So you will be working in Winston-Salem and near the Triad Airport? How much in each location? Are you looking for a rental location or a purchase location, or hoping for them to be the same? Whats your budget for each?

Old 03-09-2018, 11:42 AM

86 posts, read 60,665 times
There's also an Aldi on New Garden Rd . It is nice to try the different items that I wouldn't get at other stores due to prices. But with Aldi's being very affordable Im willing to spend a dollar or two on a item I've never tried and take the risk of not liking it.. After all If only be wasting a dollar or two I had an amazing cranberry goat cheese log from there back in November!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point