Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 03:11 PM

2 posts, read 17,610 times

Advertisements

I'll be moving to Greensboro soon. I 'm looking for a safe,nice and pretty neighborhood to live I'll be working at 27406. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 04:49 PM

33 posts, read 114,577 times
well idk about the inner city of greensboro its a beautiful city but it seems like the media likes to tell about shootings everyweek over there but i wolud say the surburbs like oakridge

Old 11-19-2008, 06:42 PM

109 posts, read 389,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALCG View Post
I'll be moving to Greensboro soon. I 'm looking for a safe,nice and pretty neighborhood to live I'll be working at 27406. Thanks.
How much are u wanting to spend? Check out downtowns Southside Neighborhood. It is in the 27406 zip code. Prices start in low 200,000. Otherwise there are hundreds of neighborhoods in Greensboro to choose from.

Old 11-21-2008, 06:24 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,581,684 times
The best innercity neighborhoods are Southside and Fisher Park. Southside is a national award winning neighborhood with a collection of new homes that look historic and old homes built in 1887 that have been renovated. There are townhomes, live-work units, luxury apartments, condos and singe family homes with living space above detached garages. You could rent those spaces above the garages as apartments if you wanted to which would means some extra cash in your pocket. (prices ranging from $200,000 to $500,000) The neighborhood is only a short walk from downtown's entertainment and restaurant row on Elm Street. Alot of the architecture in Southside is unique to Greensboro specially the Tower Homes. Architecture styles range from French Quarter New Orleans to Charleston to Georgetown to early 20th century Greensboro. The architecture is very colorful with Charleston, SC like pastel colors. There is a small neighborhood park with a pretty fountain there. Small businesses and a few restaurants line the streets in the live-work units so if you want a smoothie or a cup of coffee, its just a few steps away. There is an upscale wine cafe there called "The Press" but it is currently closed. You cant miss it, its the building on the corner that looks like one of the buildings in the French Quarter in New Orleans. New owners are suppose to take over the restaurant but im not sure when it will open back up. It was a cool laid back place to enjoy a glass of wine or two and listen to live jazz music. There is also sidewalk cafe seating at The Press. The place was packed on Thursday, Friday and Saturdat nights

Fisher Park is a historic downtown neighborhood with beautiful mansion, a number of them from the 19th century. It was Greensboro's first "suburb" although today its its an urban downtown neighborhood. I consider both neighborhoods safe....but if the innercity is not your thing, check out suburban neighborhoods in Northwest Greensboro. Those tend to be the safest.

Last edited by gsoboi; 11-21-2008 at 06:37 AM..

Old 11-24-2008, 08:11 AM

525 posts, read 2,123,240 times
The best innercity neighborhoods are Southside and Fisher Park.

Forgot all about Lindley Park, Sunset Hills, College Park, College Hill, Westerwood which are all spittin distance to downtown.

Just sayin.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:08 AM

628 posts, read 2,070,092 times
Second what yourhometriad said. Those are some of the oldest and most well established neighborhoods in Greensboro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourhometriad View Post

Forgot all about Lindley Park, Sunset Hills, College Park, College Hill, Westerwood which are all spittin distance to downtown.

Just sayin.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourhometriad View Post

Just sayin.
Greensboro has alot to be proud of...now only if we could get that downtown grocery store. quite frankly, of all the grand things that have been proposed, that tops my list. I think there are enough homes in a 2 to 3 mile radius to support one. I dont understand why grocery stores are so common everywhere else in the city yet it seems to be an almost impossible feat to have one downtown. Even the lowest income neighborhoods have at least a Food Lion so whats the hold up? We can build a 17-story luxury condo tower downtown with some units that sale as high as $3 million yet we cant build a grocery store downtown. I think the building that fronts MLK Jr Dr at the corner of South Elm Street would make a great grocery store. My mother said years ago in the 1950s and 60s it use to be a grocery store.

Last edited by gsoboi; 11-24-2008 at 10:01 PM..

Old 11-26-2008, 07:57 AM

628 posts, read 2,070,092 times
Good point gsoboi. I think it would be cool to have Aldi grocery store there. It appeals to a low and high income demographic (which seems to be the demographic of downtown Greensboro). Cheap prices for the low income and european food products (German) that the high-end folks like. There is an Aldi on high point rd and Randleman Rd according to their web site.
If you are interest gsoboi you can propose the location you suggested to Aldi at this web page:
http://www.aldifoods.com/us/html/com...?WT.z_src=main

Last edited by Tart Green Apple; 11-26-2008 at 08:11 AM..

Old 12-02-2008, 11:03 AM

Thanks for the link. and that building is about the size of an Aldi Store. In fact Aldi has been opening up downtown stores in other states. It might be the right fit for downtown Greensboro. Downtown doesnt have to have a big supermarket like the Tajma Heeter in Friendly Shopping Center but a decent sized store that sells everything you'd find in a chain store and maybe include a deli and bakery.

Last edited by gsoboi; 12-02-2008 at 11:13 AM..

Old 12-02-2008, 11:32 AM

525 posts, read 2,123,240 times
The only Aldi I know of here in the G is on High Point road- maybe someone could approach the owners and put a bug in their ear?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point