Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 10:32 AM

2 posts, read 3,318 times

Advertisements

As a former Salem College student, I can tell you that parts of Old Salem/Salem are never closed If you'd just like to walk around on the cobblestones and see the old houses and buildings, you certainly can - folks live in the houses just up by Home Moravian. Campus security might ask you what you're doing if the campus is closed for Christmas, but just avoid creeping around the graveyard after hours and they'll be very nice. Actually, the cemetary is a beautiful and interesting walk, too, if it's daytime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 10:22 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,516,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
I usually take everyone to see the lights at tanglewood on Christmas eve,it's not as crowded as you might think then (but now I see you already mentioned tanglewood),so I'll mention Cities restaurant on Stratford,it's interesting and has good food.
As far as Old Salem,from Waughtown St.,just keep going straight,twds Winston-Salem (not the kernersville direction),and you can't miss it,in fact, you'll run right into it
What a nightmare. Drove up from Charlotte to go to the festival of light at Tanglewood in Clemmons. Traffic was backed up onto I-40 and we were probably at least 3 miles from the Tanglewood entrance...took us almost 4hrs in traffic to get to Tanglewood (from the Lewisville-Clemmons Rd exit) and ride thru. NEVER again. We can just go to McAdenville here (Christmas Town USA) and it is just as pretty...maybe not quite as big...but just as good.

Merry Christmas & be BLESSED!

Old 12-26-2008, 09:49 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,677,135 times
ouch...what time did you get there? I think we got there about 8pm (or so)..wasn't too awful bad.only part we had to wait at was the entrance,and only for a short while.
sry you had to wait so long!

Old 12-26-2008, 09:54 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,266,106 times
I been to it before I made it a rule to see it every 5 years . I saw the traffic on an over bridge and decided last year memories will suit just fine.

I went to the Home Moravian Church and had a blast....great service

Old 01-01-2009, 04:07 PM

222 posts, read 932,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
What a nightmare. Drove up from Charlotte to go to the festival of light at Tanglewood in Clemmons. Traffic was backed up onto I-40 and we were probably at least 3 miles from the Tanglewood entrance...took us almost 4hrs in traffic to get to Tanglewood (from the Lewisville-Clemmons Rd exit) and ride thru. NEVER again. We can just go to McAdenville here (Christmas Town USA) and it is just as pretty...maybe not quite as big...but just as good.

Merry Christmas & be BLESSED!

Oh wish I could have told you to go no later than the 1st week of Dec or wait until after Christmas. Happy New Year, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point