Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 07:53 PM

2 posts, read 4,256 times

Advertisements

my wife and i are being transferd to highpoint from a small town in northern michigan we have two childern and our income is 40 to 50 thousand a year where is the best place in the area to live
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 08:44 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,507,987 times
The N/NE area is seeing the most new growth over the last decade, retail & residential. I recommend you start a new thread with the same question for a variety of suggestions

Old 02-22-2009, 02:31 AM

226 posts, read 69,859 times
The best part is near Oak Hollow Lake. I'm not sure of the prices but you may be able to do some research. As far as crime in High Point....it is quite high. I live in what is considered "the hood". No, not the projects. I would live there if I had to though. Yes, I'm white along with my children and boyfriend. Most of our neighbors know us and what we have in our home. We have been away for days and no one has ever messed with our home. I guess most of it depends on your attitude and how you act around people.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:20 PM

200 posts, read 804,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeg4sushi View Post
Plus, everytime I drive through HP (and I go there from time to time for one reason or another) I always come out of there angry. I dont' know why. I think it may be the traffic patterns??? *shrug* But there are some that really do like it, my husband included.

HAHA I completely agree with this. Idk what does it, but everytime I get outta high point Im ready to chew nails.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:26 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,507,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie40829 View Post
HAHA I completely agree with this. Idk what does it, but everytime I get outta high point Im ready to chew nails.
Its because the bloody stoplights are out of sync!

Old 03-27-2009, 11:02 PM

3 posts, read 7,219 times
I live in S.C. and am considering moving to High Point(maybe not after reading some posts)..but does anyone know anything about the neighborhood Emerywood Estates? In particualr Shadow Valley Road? I saw a home there and was wondering what kind of neighborhood it is? I will appreciate any feedback!

Old 03-30-2009, 12:21 PM

2 posts, read 6,332 times
Yes it's that bad .... avoid high point like the plaque!!

Old 03-30-2009, 12:27 PM

254 posts, read 921,470 times
Yes. Brush your teeth correctly in order to avoid High Point.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:20 PM

68 posts, read 168,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitmel45 View Post
my wife and i are being transferd to highpoint from a small town in northern michigan we have two childern and our income is 40 to 50 thousand a year where is the best place in the area to live
High Point has some very nice surrounding areas, like Archdale and Trinity. These cities are located in Randolph County that has a much lower tax rate.
These areas are mostly rural but very convenient and close to High Point and Greensboro.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:43 AM

138 posts, read 417,009 times
I'm not sure why everyone wants to bash High Point so badly. I'm sure there are plenty of bad areas, but I've lived in two seperate neighborhoods and I am happy with both. First I lived in Hickswood Forrest (off of 68 near Wendover, behind Sportscenter Triad). The neighborhood was nice, clean, and safe. Now I live in Broadstone Village, it is closer in proximity to less desireable areas, but there have been only a few minor problems in the four years I've been there, but it's 360 homes, what do you expect. The problems have tended to be relatively minor and not recurring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point