U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2007, 07:39 AM

8 posts, read 25,843 times

Advertisements

My DH is being transferred at the end of June to Greensboro. We flew down this weekend to look at area. We've decided to rent for a year before we buy so we can really get an idea of areas. Anyway, for anyone who lives here: what can you tell me about the area around Brassfield Rd & the area around Bridford Parkway/W. Wendover Ave?

Thanks in advance!
Sharon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2007, 04:15 PM

604 posts, read 2,635,739 times
Our son and daughter in-law rented a condo right on Bridford Parkway when they moved to Greensboro. They bought a house they liked a short time later in Adams Farm which is close by.
Lots of NY NJ people live in that area which to me is very similar to central NJ living. I like a little more country atmosphere than that area offers but everybody has their own likes and dislikes.

E

Old 03-05-2007, 12:00 AM

1,261 posts, read 3,897,080 times
The Bridford Parkway/Wendover Ave. area is busy, busy, busy. Lots of traffic and some crazy drivers and road construction. If that doesn't bother you, then go for it. I don't know of any crime problems in the area. And, of course, you'd be conveniently located near shopping and restaurants.

All the best!

Old 03-05-2007, 12:33 PM

1 posts, read 2,778 times
I used to live out at the Brassfield area, in Lincoln Green apartments. It's a nice part of town, and there's a lot of restaurants and stores in that area without it being overdeveloped. It can take awhile to get to other parts of town (and I-40), but luckily so much is convenient, you usually don't need to go too far afield.
One thing to note is that it's developing very, very quickly as Greensboro pushes out further in that direction.
Lovely area though. I definitely recommend it.

Old 03-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Mai

14 posts, read 146,567 times
Bridford Parkway/ W. Wendover Area is great!!!

There is ALOT of traffic on Wendover during rush hour, but it can be avoided most of the time. Lots of restaurants and shops and a movie theatre right up the street.
It's also very safe with very little crime.

Brassfield area is nice, but it's close to Battleground/Laundale which I hate traffic wise. Plus that side of town is a little bit too far away from the Mall, I-40 & Coliseum.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:41 PM

3,428 posts, read 9,253,444 times
We were in the Bridford Parkway/Wendover area while we lived in that area. Thought it was great. The traffic on Wendover was never an issue for us.

HIGHLY recommend the La Fiesta restaurant (near K-Mart} if you want some really good Mexican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point