U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 06:12 PM

210 posts, read 445,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by duttygal86 View Post
I have looked everywhere for the Vovlo and APAC jobs, cant find anything. I was basically told by my supervisor that I cant transfer to Greensboro, becuase I am needed in Florida! Its time to sign a lease and I literally can not afford to live here anymore, I have been working two jobs since September! I am so ticked because I want to move sooo bad, but It seems like employment is sparse in G'boro as well! I am not sure what to do, I guess I will end up living in a tiny one bedroom with my daughter as I cant afford anything larger than 600sq feet here! Thanks for all the help, you guys are awesome!
I was in a job search meeting this week, and it was said that Greensboro Volvo can be a very "closed" place to try and get into. Hang in there and good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 08:27 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,304,056 times
Yes, I have a friend that works there and they will start you out as a temp. If they like you & have a perm position available they will keep you.
Keep your eyes open duttygal something will turn up.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:26 PM

3,574 posts, read 13,115,201 times
You know, there are states other than NC with lower unemployment rates than our 8.7%. My daughter lives in Greensboro and it isn't all that "cheaper" than other places. At least you have an income - many of us, myself included, work two jobs to make ends meet.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:50 AM

594 posts, read 1,242,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
You know, there are states other than NC with lower unemployment rates than our 8.7%. My daughter lives in Greensboro and it isn't all that "cheaper" than other places. At least you have an income - many of us, myself included, work two jobs to make ends meet.

If you read my OP you would know that I am a single mom who works two jobs....I am not asking for much, just a two bedroom apartment, thats not located in a crack -den, at a decent price. But, thats not possible in Florida...See, I want to work ONE job, and see my kid, whom I never see now, because I work seven days a week, just trying to better my circumstances....and North Carolina is cheaper than alot of other places. Greensboro seems like an awesome city, with plenty of good colleges, I think its an area I would thrive in.

"I am a Claims Adjuster (1 yr experience) for United. I also have 2.5 years of Call Center experience. I would even venture into manufacturing. I am having a hard time getting a good feel for the average pay for these entry level type of jobs in the triad area. I also (currently) work in the mental health field for a non profit. (6 months experience)"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point