U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2009, 08:48 AM

36 posts, read 66,988 times

Advertisements

Hello - We currently live in Mass. and are in the midst of planning a move to NC due to my husband being relocated for his job. We have a 6 year old and 3 year old. We have received a lot of feedback to look in Clemmons, Kernersville or Louiseville?? Can anyone offer feedback on those three towns. Schools are our highest priority. We are looking for a family friendly neighborhood and daily conveniences. Please help. This is overwhelming and makes me nervous! In addition...if anyone from the North East Mass. wants to lend support about their move (positive and negative) that would be great. Curious if it turned out to be a good option for you. Thank you, thank you and thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 10:46 AM

3,867 posts, read 6,659,741 times
Making a long distance move IS scary, but this is a wonderful area. All three communities are good choices for families with young children. There's a lot of good information already posted on this forum if you'll do a search. Once you get here, you've GOT to visit the new Children's Museum on the south edge of downtown W-S. Your children will love it! Good luck!

P.S. - it's Lewisville.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:46 PM

10 posts, read 22,404 times
We live in Kernersville (and our house is for sale, new job). It would be helpful to know where you or your husband will be working.
I work in Winston-Salem, and my husband works in Burlington, so Kernersville works well for us.
It is a great place for families. I like it because there's not as much in-city concerns, but the city perks are sooo close! Kernersville is growing, but still has a small town feel. It's about 20 mins to Winston, and 10-15 to Greensboro.
We have one child in daycare at the Primrose School in town that has been FABULOUS. (I'm a pediatrician, so am VERY picky about these things). There are a few good elem. schools in kernersville, but beyond that, I'd probably go to either WInston or Greensboro. Unless you're Catholic--there's a fantastic Catholic High School (Bishop McGuinness) in K'ville that is very nice.
Hope that helps some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point