U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2007, 12:28 PM

40 posts, read 208,611 times

Advertisements

If we're going to be working in Winston-Salem, what are the areas that would be good for raising a family. We're Jewish and have two school aged children. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2007, 07:35 PM

24 posts, read 135,724 times
We just bought in Clemmons, although the house is not built yet. I like it because it's close to winston-salem city. We are on the Davidson side off Friedburg Church Road. The schools are top rated (that's what my friends from there tell me and from what I've read). It's very pretty. And we keep pretty busy while visiting beautiful parks, etc.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:21 PM

676 posts, read 2,803,577 times
I agree with the previous person. We are on the Davidson side only a few miles away from Forsyth county lines kind of near the previous person too. Schools are considered better out this way, it is very quiet, safe and the taxes are lower. Clemmons is an excellent place to raise a family in the Winston area. I love being in Davidson county. I feel like I am in the country less than 20 minutes from downtown Winston. I am not certain about the Jewish aspect, but I am sure in Winston you will find a place to observe your faith. It may be more difficult to find that in Clemmons, but you are so close to Winston it shouldn't be a concern. We do everything in Winston but live there.......

Old 10-10-2007, 12:31 PM

74 posts, read 77,088 times
SO sad that country HICKS still call it "Winston"...where in the heck is that....I have heard of..."Winston-Salem"...thats like saying you are from "David" county...and not finishing it (Davidson)...I guess that is they way people talk when you don't actually live in Winston-Salem or out of the county...

Old 10-10-2007, 12:50 PM

3,428 posts, read 9,255,706 times
I'm thinking Reynolda, Robinhood, Country Club, Polo, Peace Haven, Bethania, Buena Vista, just to name a few.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:53 PM

525 posts, read 1,925,120 times
Greensboro has a large jewish population, a jewish school- Welcome to BNAI-SHALOM JEWISH DAY SCHOOL! Greensboro, NC, USA and the Hebrew Academy- American Hebrew Academy, America's Only Jewish Pluralistic College Prep Boarding School

Old 05-24-2011, 07:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,978 times
Default Same questions

Diamondmom - did you ever end up moving to Winston-Salem or Greensboro? There is a possibility we may, have a young family, looking for advice on a good jewish area to live in the event we make the move.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:51 AM

676 posts, read 2,803,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfguy1000 View Post
Diamondmom - did you ever end up moving to Winston-Salem or Greensboro? There is a possibility we may, have a young family, looking for advice on a good jewish area to live in the event we make the move.
There isn't a jewish area in Winston-Salem, but Temple Emanuel is in the Ardmore neighborhood. They have a preschool and an education building. The rabbis are very nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point