U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 01:35 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,340,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeg4sushi View Post
Dang. I thought for sure you would have said:

Taco Bell!

LOL.well,red lobster is good,I think they serve some types that are fresh and have not been frozen. (redlobster.com).
has your dr not ever mentioned fish oil capsules as a supplement as well?? niacin is a good vitamin to lower cholesterol also.
try vitacost.com.
the best quality brand I've bought (for any supplement) from there is NSI,although health food stores also have some good quality supplements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 07:24 AM

2,662 posts, read 6,233,086 times
Go to the Greensboro farmer's market on Saturday mornings. A guy with a truck sets up just across the entrance to the market--he has the freshest seafood around, and at very reasonable prices. Get there early!

Old 02-20-2009, 11:59 AM

779 posts, read 2,961,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
Go to the Greensboro farmer's market on Saturday mornings. A guy with a truck sets up just across the entrance to the market--he has the freshest seafood around, and at very reasonable prices. Get there early!
How early? 7am?

Old 02-20-2009, 12:26 PM

Not quite that early...here's a link to guy's web site: http://shrimpconnect.com/

According to the site he's there at 8:00 am. I say "early" more because he sometimes sells out of certain items, so for best selection the earlier the better. This stuff is the real deal--he goes down on Thursday to buy his seafood right from the boat docks. Click the link on his website to read the article from "Our State" magazine for all the scoop.

Old 04-18-2009, 12:07 PM

7,088 posts, read 13,249,473 times
The Buckhorn Road flea market, open Sat. & Sun. but, be sure to get there early, it gets crowded really quickly, there are several vendors there selling fresh seafood.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
Not quite that early...here's a link to guy's web site: The Shrimp Connection : Radically Fresh Seafood

According to the site he's there at 8:00 am. I say "early" more because he sometimes sells out of certain items, so for best selection the earlier the better. This stuff is the real deal--he goes down on Thursday to buy his seafood right from the boat docks. Click the link on his website to read the article from "Our State" magazine for all the scoop.
Well - I finally went to the seafood guys there, got there around 9:15am. I bought a flounder fillet (one side still had skin) that was ENORMOUS. But sadly, the price was enormous, too: @$15.79lb! Once in a while you can get Flounder at Harris Teeter for around $7.99lb, with no skin, but the fillets are small. I do have to say, his scallops were very large as well. Different kinds of fish set on ice in various coolers and doing well. Definitely worth a visit if prices are a lesser priority for someone. Thanks for the tip!

Old 04-22-2009, 10:19 AM

^ Sushi, thanks for the feedback. I haven't bought anything from this guy recently, but I thought the prices were reasonable when I last bought from him (as I recall, I only bought shrimp last time, and it was well over a year ago). Maybe the magazine article exposure gave him the big head so he raised his prices.

Still, I think the freshness factor can't be beat, and perhaps the price you quoted isn't out of line considering the Harris Teeter flounder was likely frozen, and who knows how long it's been out of the water. What did you think of the prices on other items?

Old 04-24-2009, 04:58 PM

7,088 posts, read 13,249,473 times
but.....then again..... if you really want fresh, I'll actually volunteer to help with this, .... head down to Morehead City, Atlantic Beach area, charter a boat, or, go out on a head boat - and catch it. The times I have done this, we end up catching a whole lot of fish, have a good time, and eat well for a while afterwards.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
but.....then again..... if you really want fresh, I'll actually volunteer to help with this, .... head down to Morehead City, Atlantic Beach area, charter a boat, or, go out on a head boat - and catch it. The times I have done this, we end up catching a whole lot of fish, have a good time, and eat well for a while afterwards.
Ah, but don't make me drool!! I would but I always get horribly seasick. I'm really great therefore at crab fishing! lol

Actually....it *has* been years since I've tried it. Got any good recommendations? Feel free to pm me if it goes against site regulations...thanks!

Old 05-23-2009, 10:11 PM

108 posts, read 345,580 times
They have good seafood in the dumpster behind taco bell!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point