U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 10:20 PM

779 posts, read 2,958,813 times

Advertisements

Okay, that's just grosser than all heck. :P Bleagh. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 06:33 PM

7,088 posts, read 13,231,404 times
OK, don't wanna get you sick or anything, but, just got back from Atlantic Beach, went out on a boat and the guy I was fishing with and I caught over 50 lbs of Red, and various other types of Snapper, (the weight was for filleted fish, no heads, scales, innards or such, one red grouper @ 22 lbs (live weight) a couple of really nice 2 inch thick filets. Silver Snapper and Vermillion Snapper,(not sure why, but most of the natives call the vermillion snapper "beeliners"- go figure!,) -- most of the snappers were 20 inches long, thereabouts, filleted out really well. Are you sure you don't want to try a beach trip, they have really good seasick meds nowadays, intend to go again, prolly this september, pm me if interested.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:16 PM

779 posts, read 2,958,813 times
Good Lord! Where are you going to put all that fish? I'll take some off your hands if you run out of room, seriously I would. I am thinking about it. Actually the hubbs and I have been talking about which days to take off for vacation and what not, so it's in the works. About how much does a 1/2 day trip or 10-hr trip run anyhow? And do they charge you for what you catch? I've never done that kind of run before. Would I need my own rod and reel, the 10-footer and all that?

Seriousy though, TALK TO ME if you want to unload some of your fish! I love it and could eat it every day because I'm a nutbag like that!

Old 05-25-2009, 11:40 PM

7,088 posts, read 13,231,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeg4sushi View Post
Good Lord! Where are you going to put all that fish? I'll take some off your hands if you run out of room, seriously I would. I am thinking about it. Actually the hubbs and I have been talking about which days to take off for vacation and what not, so it's in the works. About how much does a 1/2 day trip or 10-hr trip run anyhow? And do they charge you for what you catch? I've never done that kind of run before. Would I need my own rod and reel, the 10-footer and all that?

Seriousy though, TALK TO ME if you want to unload some of your fish! I love it and could eat it every day because I'm a nutbag like that!
The reason I go down there and fish is that it is cheaper than buying the fish outright. I normally go out on an 18 hour trip - the boat leaves at midnight and returns at 6pm, cost 140 bucks per person and anything you get from the snack bar (on a boat it is called the galley, the place where they serve food) sandwiches, cokes, beer, coffee, is extra. I normally stop at bojangles and pick up a box of chicken & sides. For your 140 bucks you get the boat ride, all rods and reels, baits, stringers, and since they charge you for the boat ride, the fish is free, don't even need a license, the boat has a blanket license that covers everyone on board, and they will store your catch for you until it gets back in dock, this is all included in your fee. They will take it off the hook for you, and store it on ice, this last time I filled up two stringers (that's a lot of fish) they even took my picture and put it on their website, posing with my grouper. They also took a pic of my cooler full of fish. It is not enough fish for us to eat it for more than about 2 months, but, we will eat a lot of fish for two months, it is something, of which, I do not tire, and it is sooooooooo good!!! p.m. me and I can tell you dates. Example, the grouper weighs 22 lbs, minus bones, scales, innards, head, fins et all-probably about 15 lbs @ $5/lb = about $75. - half the cost of the boat ride, when you figure in red snapper, silver snapper, vermillion snapper, (snapper is a high price item) even if I use 50% of body weight, that's about 25 lbs of meat, even at $5- that's another $125, that puts the meat cheaper than the cost of the trip - $140 for trip $200 worth of fish, yeah, motel for a night and the trip down and back adds up, but, no beach trip is free.

Last edited by Dusty Rhodes; 05-25-2009 at 11:52 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 01-25-2011, 05:52 AM

2 posts, read 3,944 times
I'm Not Sure If I'm Supposed To Re post My Message But I Am Just In Case Because I' Haven;t Posted Here That Often,So Here Goes,Hi! Dusty Could Yo Please Send Me A Dossier That Covers Everything About The Snapper Trip So As To Get A Real Feel About Everything It Entitles You To Have In Order To Get Situated Before Taking Off Because I've Been Deep sea Fishing Once When I Were In Hampton,Va at The VAMC,And It Were A Really Good Experience,Had A Great Time That Would Be Even Better If It Involved With Catching Red Snapper,& Other Types Of Fish Because I Just Loved It.

My Home Is In Winston-Salem,NC,& I Don't Know If This Makes Any Difference Or Not But I'm A Fifty Year Old AA Male With Liver Cancer Able To Take Care Of Myself,But I Know Sometimes Everything Is Not Meant For Everybody Which I'll Understand,Everyone Has Their Rights,So As I.

Phone#336-464-5715
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point