Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:09 PM

108 posts, read 375,113 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are expecting! This will be our first child. Due date Aug.22. We are currently renting in Asheboro. Do you think it would be better to purchase a home now or sometime after the child is born. Personal experience would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 10:15 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,406 times
congrats! only thing I can say is if your wife wants to help do some of the packing/unpacking,decorating,etc,early on in the pregnancy is a good thing,unless she has a lot of morning sickness.(in my case it was all-day sickness,lol).but that too shall pass.my son was born april,'92,and we moved thanksgiving day,'91.it wasn't too bad then,as I wasn't too far along.again,congrats!!

Old 01-18-2009, 10:20 PM

Talking she

she is about 8 weeks along...hasnt gotten the morning sickness but she is very fatigued would probably have to hire a mover!

Old 01-19-2009, 07:12 AM

247 posts, read 997,989 times
Speaking from experience, I would move before the baby is born. Much easier.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:18 PM

122 posts, read 456,957 times
Please move before... you have much less stuff now and your routine is still flexible. After the baby.. sooo much more stuff, a whole nother person's stuff and that other little person is not patient.
Plus, if you move now your wife can do the 'nesting' thing with flourish and all over the new place. She will love it.
Congrats on your new baby! and your new home! This is a banner year for you both!

Old 01-20-2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenista View Post
Please move before... you have much less stuff now and your routine is still flexible. After the baby.. sooo much more stuff, a whole nother person's stuff and that other little person is not patient.
Plus, if you move now your wife can do the 'nesting' thing with flourish and all over the new place. She will love it.
Congrats on your new baby! and your new home! This is a banner year for you both!
thanx!

Old 01-21-2009, 11:04 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,731,477 times
Wow, I thought, based on the title, you were looking for advice about moving away from your child, now or later.

Based on my two girls, 15 and 17, I would have said, move now!

LLN

Old 01-21-2009, 11:41 AM

450 posts, read 2,321,943 times
Move NOW! Now now now.

We had a nice but small house where I was happy, and we always planned to "trade up"....we ended up having a baby there, and when she was 3 and a half I was almost 7 months pregnant with #2 and my husband changed work locations to get back near his family, and suddenly I'm THAT pregnant and we have 30 days to get moved- we had to go into a rental and move once more before the house we built was finished. Moving during later pregnancy was the WORST experience of my life, so much stress that I didn't need and I fully believe it caused some of the porblems I had in late pregnancy. Also, I felt we had placed roots at our first house and while pregnant, women can be REALLY emotional, and it was sad to leave the house where my first one grew up...to leave her nursery, and the recent decorating we had done.

I can't go into more detail, it's too traumatic, but my biggest regrets are
1- moving later in the pregnancy
2- moving during pregnancy at all, but at least...
3- moving after I had roots with my first baby in a house already.

It'll be easier to move now, ASAP, than later. IMO.

ETA- packing while heavily pregnant and so tired was NO FUN at ALL.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:55 AM

525 posts, read 2,123,397 times
move now. Definitely. No doubts.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:39 PM

wow! i guess i should move now! lol thanx for all the advice everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point