U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 09:37 PM

1 posts, read 19,487 times
Default Jobs for felons

I need to find full time employment for convicted felons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 10:35 AM

619 posts, read 1,264,203 times
Check craigslist.
greensboro all jobs classifieds - craigslist

Old 02-28-2009, 08:51 AM

1,037 posts, read 907,541 times
My suggestion as felon who is now working full-time is to connect with others who have made it. MR. Nicholas Bright of Greensboro Joblink actually conducts ex-offenders job training(336)-373-5922. The best way to get a job as an ex-offender in Greensboro is to volunteer and establish your credibilty. I did that and now I hold an important position at the city of Greensboro. If you need help feel free to contact me at THe Interactive Resource Center(336)332-0824!!

Old 06-20-2009, 01:02 PM

7 posts, read 58,707 times
Have them go where all the illegals work.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:27 PM

5 posts, read 57,160 times
Its a shame you do time behind bars , pay rediculous fines, or whatever the case may be ,you still wont be successful finding any employment. I mean where does the phrase paid my debt to society come into play. Seems to me they set you up to get the lowest paying job ,to possibly return back to the lifestyle yhat got you a felony. I mean I cant join the army,cant be a fireman. But I can clean toilets and prepare food . But cant contribute to society and save lives, what am I going to do steal out a persons bedroom while theres a fire on the other side the door . A trap is what it is.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:47 PM
LLN
Status: "If you keep looking back, you can't move forward" (set 3 days ago)

3,444 posts, read 3,852,146 times
If you can't do the time, then don't do the crime.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:01 PM

273 posts, read 549,274 times
Quote:
Its a shame you do time behind bars , pay rediculous fines, or whatever the case may be ,you still wont be successful finding any employment. I mean where does the phrase paid my debt to society come into play. Seems to me they set you up to get the lowest paying job ,to possibly return back to the lifestyle yhat got you a felony. I mean I cant join the army,cant be a fireman. But I can clean toilets and prepare food . But cant contribute to society and save lives, what am I going to do steal out a persons bedroom while theres a fire on the other side the door . A trap is what it is.
Well, if people would think about their actions in this way before they did something that would make a difference. Unfortunately, most don't think about the consequence of their actions and getting caught, so they complain about how unfair the system is once they're in it.
Quote:
If you can't do the time, then don't do the crime.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:01 PM

Yes you may be very correct, but when you already work two jobs ,spouse is expecting a child,she cant no help cause she married , and the doctors cant explain the complications with your child. What would you do? Probaly you would call mommy and daddy. Now understand this I'm not convicted of a violent crime, just possession of a stolen firearm. But at the same time Martha Stewart can do a crime and resign from C.E.O and come home richer than when she went in. I'm not asking for sympathy,just one more chance.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:19 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,738,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke'Shawn Wilform View Post
Yes you may be very correct, but when you already work two jobs ,spouse is expecting a child,she cant no help cause she married , and the doctors cant explain the complications with your child. What would you do? Probaly you would call mommy and daddy. Now understand this I'm not convicted of a violent crime, just possession of a stolen firearm. But at the same time Martha Stewart can do a crime and resign from C.E.O and come home richer than when she went in. I'm not asking for sympathy,just one more chance.

Luck just runs out for some people. Did you know the gun was stolen? I've done some stupid things in my lifetime that I consider worse than possessing a stolen gun but that was back in my teens. Thankfully I was never caught and will never do it again. Live and you learn.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:02 AM

True indeed I was young also,I just want people to understand just cause you make a mistake does'nt mean you cant learn from that mistake and let it help you become a better person.Some of the best people I've met were ones who had been through the system. But I could never judge them because of their past ,cause many of them were only trying to survive and work with little bit they had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point