Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2011, 06:29 AM

2 posts, read 2,451 times

Advertisements

Myself, and my 15 year old teen will be moving to the area in June. I live now outside of DC and its just too high a cost of living here. I am looking for a SAFE place to live, and the best public high school I can find.

A few facts about us....
- I work from home, so the commuting for my job is not an issue.
- My teen will need to be taken to Kernersville for their chosen sport 3-4 times a week during the evening and on weekends. Don't mind fighting traffic occasionally for this.
- Looking to rent at approx 1000-1200 on month. Less would be fabulous, but don't want to pay less and feel unsafe.
- Would prefer home to rent that doesn't include taking care of the lawn, so condo or townhouse might be best option.
- Looking to stay and be comfortable there until at least June of 2013.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 07:32 AM

8 posts, read 13,972 times
Hey there! ew DC? I know the traffic and high cost of living.. just completely, sux.. hahah.. that's what I meant by "ew".. but the city itself is good. my family lives there and I'm usually there about once a month for work.

If you move here, I highly recommend you to live in the Adams Farm area. The neighborhood is safe and clean. Very known and a beautiful place to live and it's actually quite affordable and waaaaay below your budget. A plus.

It's also near I-40 which takes you to kernesville in no time. Adams Farm is in Jamestown, Greensboro, and close to High Point. Very close to shopping and mall. The best part, traffic is a whole lot better than DCs.

I lived in the following and been to the following. Make a deal with them bc they will bump a few stuff off if you ask: The Madison at Adams Farm, Steeple Chase, Abbington, Arbor Park, The Crowne, just to name a few in the area. Just type in 27407 or near the Jamestown area. West Greensboro, or NE High Point.

High school, definately Ragsdale High.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-03-2011 at 02:57 PM.. Reason: advertising
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point