U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 12:08 PM

676 posts, read 2,802,608 times

Advertisements

I would have been freaking out if someone drove past me going 96, especially with my two babies in the car! I swear, people need to slow down, get off the cell phone, stop tailgating, lane weaving and consistently use turn signals! Sorry, I will get off my soap box now, but I have just been in too many close calls because of other people's carelessness. I am such a nervous nellie type now that I have babies in my car. It really upsets me whenever I read about fatal car accidents, especially when they involve speeding. It is actually kind of nice to see how serious NC takes speeding traffic violations. Back, to the original question, a lawyer is most definitely necessary.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,984 times
What was the final outcome here? Did you have your court date yet?

Old 07-02-2009, 04:02 PM

7,088 posts, read 13,043,269 times
A couple of things when pulled by the police 1. When they ask "Do you know why I pulled you?" NEVER!!! admit to anything, it is called a confession and you are nailed. A polite, "No officer, had I known I was breaking a law, I would not have done whatever it was you think I did. Never break two laws at the same time. Do not argue with the police or give any excuses, if you are drinking and driving you are toast and you deserve it, and, most importantly, Never!!! under any circumstance go more than 10 mph over the speed limit unless you are taking someone to the hospital in an emergency and you have called 911 in advance- told them what you are planning to do- and have given them the route you will be taking!!!!!

Last edited by Dusty Rhodes; 07-02-2009 at 04:12 PM..

Old 07-10-2009, 09:56 AM

392 posts, read 410,516 times
Hope you lawyered up - and had a stroke of luck. You need it.

Pardon the directness, but what in the blazes were you doing 96 for? It was a 65 zone, which means generally you can do 8-10 over... but why go faster than 70?

This is a wake-up call. You're lucky you didn't kill anyone (including yourself) going that fast, especially at night with lower visibility. I don't have a lot of sympathy for you, because there's NO reason to do 96, ever. Anywhere. Anytime. For ANY reason.

I'm curious to see how it turned out. Do let us know, although if you get an unsympathetic judge, I wouldn't be surprised, and can't say I'd be too sorry.

//grumpy now

Old 07-10-2009, 10:11 AM

2,560 posts, read 7,719,209 times
Just an FYI...ALWAYS watch your speed between Clemmons & Winston-Salem (Eastbound & Westbound). They usually sit right before the split of I-40 & Bus 40.

I have seen many cops thru there...and especially with Operation Slow Down or what ever it is called.

Good Luck though!

Old 07-15-2009, 09:55 PM

10 posts, read 25,915 times
Get THE BEST traffic lawyer in the Triad. You've done both over 75 mph AND more than 25 over the limit. If the lawyer can't help you, you're walking for at least a year. Remember, you're not the only one on the road. You could have killed someone. At that speed, if you had even sneezed, you could have lost control of the car.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:57 AM

3 posts, read 14,673 times
i appreciate the positive comments strewn throughout this thread; i realize all the rest of you that are condemning me for going at a speed like that are perfect and have never done anything bad like speeding, but c'mon now. ... if i really felt as if i was going 96 then it would have been one thing, but having a sports car, at times it doesn't even feel like you are going the speed you are going, so to accelerate to a speed such as that did not take much effort, nor was i out of control on the road. yes, i realize something bad *could* have happened, but something just as bad could have happened going at a slower speed.

at any rate, i've had my court date continued, my lawyer advised me to do this until potentially the sheriff who pulled me doesn't show up for court, otherwise i may end up just getting limited driving priveleges or something like that, don't know for sure yet.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:23 PM

16 posts, read 29,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enlightenme View Post
I would have been freaking out if someone drove past me going 96, especially with my two babies in the car! I swear, people need to slow down, get off the cell phone, stop tailgating, lane weaving and consistently use turn signals! Sorry, I will get off my soap box now, but I have just been in too many close calls because of other people's carelessness. I am such a nervous nellie type now that I have babies in my car. It really upsets me whenever I read about fatal car accidents, especially when they involve speeding. It is actually kind of nice to see how serious NC takes speeding traffic violations. Back, to the original question, a lawyer is most definitely necessary.....
I know about your frustration when driving. But, let me say this to you - Fear is not of God. You cannot fear about your safety to the degree of being nervous nellie on the road. God will protect you and your family, if you ask him too. So, ask God for the forgiveness of your sins, receive Jesus
into your life and live a life of freedom. Don't be fearful.

I was in Washington D.C. a few years back, had some valuables with me, but I wanted to walk along the Potomoac River, so I had to leave my car - locked and go down this trail to get to the River. At first my thoughts were; I'm in a dangerous area for theft, but God reassured me that FEAR is not of Him and He is always looking out for us, no matter what were doing or where we are, He is there, all we need to do is ask Him for help in our situation and He is ready to do good.

So, my friend, don't be a nervous nellie on the road, you'll be the traffic hazard then, just be yourself, do all the right things with your children, in their seats..etc. and you'll be fine. As far as the ones on the road with you, Know that God Loves His Children and looks after those that have Faith in Him!

God Bless,
Tom

Old 07-21-2009, 01:40 PM

2,648 posts, read 6,086,746 times
^ Say, does this protection thing work if you're going 96 mph?

Old 07-21-2009, 09:49 PM

676 posts, read 2,802,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trhlswte View Post
i appreciate the positive comments strewn throughout this thread; i realize all the rest of you that are condemning me for going at a speed like that are perfect and have never done anything bad like speeding, but c'mon now. ... if i really felt as if i was going 96 then it would have been one thing, but having a sports car, at times it doesn't even feel like you are going the speed you are going, so to accelerate to a speed such as that did not take much effort, nor was i out of control on the road. yes, i realize something bad *could* have happened, but something just as bad could have happened going at a slower speed.
sp
at any rate, i've had my court date continued, my lawyer advised me to do this until potentially the sheriff who pulled me doesn't show up for court, otherwise i may end up just getting limited driving priveleges or something like that, don't know for sure yet.
I definitely catch myself speeding, but I am more of a 5-10 miles over the limit kind of speeder. Then again, it is hard to accelerate and not feel it in a minivan....I apologize for being critical of you, but I seriously would have freaked out having someone whiz past me at almost 100 miles a hour. I feel for you with dealing with all of your court drama, but hopefully it will make you watch your gas pedal in the future. The worse speeders are lane weavers, so I understand why you are upset about just kind of careless speeding vs almost cutting people off speeding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point