U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 02:09 AM

16 posts, read 40,937 times

Advertisements

i have time warner roadrunner th lite package, $24.95 directv for satelitte service $108, and verizon for cell phone service.$135 (3 cells) ..i dont think that's alot but maybe???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 08:29 AM

138 posts, read 243,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwolfe8229 View Post
I use Northstate DSL in High Point, I have fiber in my neighbothood so I get about 10Mbits up & down. I rarely have had any problems other than the first year or so while construction was still going on on my street. Then it was bad because customer service didn't have a clue how to handle problems with fiber and the techs they sent out were usually equally clueless. Fortunately those problems appear to all be in the past.
I jinxed myself.

Internet went down Thursday night. we called Friday morning and were told a tech would be there around 3:00 Friday, so my wife stayed home that afternoon to meet him. The tech was a no show, we called Northstate at 4:00 and were told the ticket was never picked up, MAYBE they'd get it tomorrow (Sat), otherwise, a tech would get it Monday.

A tech showed up Saturday afternoon around 3:00, and fixed the problem by 4:30. I talked to the guy for about 10 minutes. He told me the entire neighborhood was down and it was due to a bad wire splice came loose at the main junction into the neighborhood. He also told me that sometime this summer they were PULLING OUT THE FIBER AND REPLACING IT WITH COPPER!!! Yeah, I know, I asked him to repeat that part again. He said they were having so many problems with their equipment for the fiber, they are going to rewire every area they ran fiber in the last few years and replace it with copper. Here's the kicker, with fiber I get about 10Mbits, Copper he said I'd only get 3Mbits, but I could always pay more for me speed. Why would I want to do that? He said because it would be dedicated to me, right now I share my 10Mbits with everyone on the same box (about 8 houses per box potentially if they are all using Northstate), but the 3Mbits would be dedicated to me. BLEH! As soon as they rewire, I'm switching to someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point