U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2007, 08:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,266 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We are hoping to move up to Greensboro by the end of the summer. We are looking at the Willowridge community by Centex Homes.

We like one of the floorplans and the prices seem reasonable.

We haven't spoken to anyone there yet and would like to know ahead of time what to expect.

I am hoping someone would be able to tell me what the average lot premiums are for new home construction - and if you know the answer specifically for Willowridge, that would be awesome!

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Marj
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2007, 06:29 PM

3 posts, read 11,795 times
Willowridge is literally 'on' I-40...maybe 50 feet from the 6 lane interstate. There are better neighborhoods for the money in terms of location. Centex does have nice plans for the money, but that series does not offer 9ft ceilings (which is becoming the standard these days) and there options tend to be pricier than the competition around here...DR horton and K Hov.

For the money, I would try WoodCreek by DR Horton about 3 miles down the road...your out of the city taxes and in a better school district. A 4 bedroom home with a double garage and formal dinning comes standard with 9ft. smooth ceilings, 42" cabinets, tyveck housewrap (some of these builders around here skimp out on the important moisture barrior..DR horton does not) and a garden tub in the master bath. It will set you back 150k even. And WoodCreek has much larger lots...about 1/4 acre.

Also try GreyStone from Windsor Homes, a very popular local builder, or Birch Creek Ridge from DR Horton.

I looked at homes, areas and builders for 6 months after moving here and found these two builder to offer the best balance or value, standard features, less expensive upgrades, lot sizes and quality.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:31 PM

3 posts, read 11,795 times
Oh and by the way, don't let anyone trick you into paying a lot premium here. There is an abundance of land and not a single builder I looked at was charging them 6 months ago.

Old 04-12-2007, 04:09 PM

8 posts, read 25,130 times
I would stay away from Willowridge. It might as well be on I-40. I'm sure you can find better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point