Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 07:36 AM

109 posts, read 389,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenskip View Post
So where are the best dining spots since were talking about WS? I'm also a potential mover...also considering Greensboro...
In my opinion some of the best dining spots in WS are downtown. Sweet Potatoes, Camel City, West End Cafe, Meridian. Of course WS has all of the chain/theme resturants also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 08:12 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,158,318 times
My favorite WS dining spots include Diamondback Grill, Bleu, Old Salem Tavern, Hutch & Harris Pub, Cimmaron (in Clemmons), Turmeric (Indian cuisine), Francesca's, River Birch Lodge, and Vincenzo's.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:54 AM

881 posts, read 2,253,636 times
these are some of my favorites…
(I put a * by restaurants that are on the Slow Food Piedmont list)
Riverbirch
Diamond Back*
Midtown for brunch
4th st. filling station*
Sweet potatoes*
Mary’s of Course* for brunch
Hutch & harris
6th & vine
Foothills* –certain items can be hit or miss

Old 04-27-2009, 09:13 AM

676 posts, read 3,075,977 times
I LOVE Sweet Potatoes!!! Mellow Mushroom has a great beer list and good pizza. I only like Foothills Brewery for the beer - I find the food to be very overpriced for the quality. La Botana is great for NC Mexican food.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:38 PM

273 posts, read 950,139 times
Milner's on Stratford rd has very nice "contemporary" southern food.
I'll second or third or fourth, Mellow Mushroom, great pizza and even better at lunch if you get slices.
4th St Filling Station is great and the outdoor patio is wonderful when the weather is mild.
For Mexican/TexMex 2 places that have been very consistent have been Las Estrella's on Silas Creek by Compare Foods (in an old Pizza Hut and more traditional Mexican), and Cozumel's in Clemmons (closest thing to Houston texmex I've found since moving here).

The jury is still out for me on Noma downtown, what I've had there has been good, but presentation/eatability have been interesting.

I wasn't impressed with Bleu or Foothills Brewery. If I want good local beer, I'd much prefer to find a place that serves Red Oak.

Old 04-27-2009, 05:36 PM

14 posts, read 43,368 times
How about Greesboro? Any good food there? Which area has the best?

Old 04-27-2009, 06:09 PM

273 posts, read 950,139 times
For chains, Friendly center.

For unique restaurants, downtown probably has the highest concentration.

Undercurrent is good, Table 16 equally as good (owned by the same people I believe).
Solaris is a good tapas bar, but not as good as the tapas bar in Asheville (can't remember the name Z something?)
Natty Greene's is a very good bar (microbrew)/restaurant, that is very consistent.
Mellow Mushroom just opened up on S Elm too, but I haven't tried that location.
PrintWorks at the Proximity hotel has fabulous menu.
One chain that I love, that doesn't feel like a chain is the Melting Pot. The current location is out on Battleground, but they should be moving soon to Wendover/I-40.

That's all I've experience in GSO, but it's a start.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:07 PM

499 posts, read 1,528,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elm&McGee View Post
The city changed it focus from industrial manufacturing in the 90's to one of technology and health care.
News flash:

Industrial manufacturing has as much "technology" as any sector of the economy. And WS is STILL a major manufacturing area, just not as much involved in textiles and cigarettes as it used to be.

Last edited by roncorey1; 03-05-2011 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point