U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 06:37 PM

7 posts, read 47,994 times

Advertisements

I live in winston salem and have been have in problems with a message on some hd channels that says channel not avilable try back later reboot the box and the channel reappers but contiunesly happens for last 4 month and i have had 8 service calles and 5 dvrs , now thw channels are all there but the dvr is not recording the full time of the recordedshow say a 30 min show is record and it only records 1 min or two segments of 10 and 15 mins and also during the recording of one show the hd channels freeze up mainly on 552 and 564 , have anyone else seen any of these problems, have called the BBB since Time Warner has NOT fix these issue in 4 months
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 07:38 PM

247 posts, read 916,410 times
Get Tivo.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:51 PM

273 posts, read 850,323 times
I've not had a single problem with my dvr. It's about 2 years old now, but works fine. Only "issue" is that if the dvr is left on for a long time, when you turn the tv on, it has a blue screen on the tv. as soon as you hit a button it goes away, not really a problem. I've tried using a pc to record shows and I must say having a dedicated dvr is a much simpler method.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:16 PM

how much does Time Warner charge for the cable card for the tivo and will it pick up the new switched digital HD channels i have the 8240hdc now

Old 04-18-2009, 10:31 PM

15 posts, read 53,410 times
Same problems except for the freeze. I'm in Greensboro, but haven't taken the box in. Random HD channels will sometimes be temporarily unavailable (a more recent phenomenon), and the DVR sometimes only records a portion of a show (been happening for a number of months). Have "cancelled all" recordings and set it to record one episode at a time as opposed to "all episodes", which seemed to work. I've gotten the "blue screen" too ,which goes away when you hit a button. I've also had recorded shows not play- just a black screen until you try another show on your recorded list, at which point everything is fine again when you go back to the previous selection. Have had the same rig for 4 years now, and it's only within the past half year or so that things have gotten abnormally glitchy. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:59 PM

im starting to think that the problem is from Time Warners main feed or a bad download to the hddvr , crowe1856 are you only having the problem with the channels in the 500s (HD channel)?

Old 04-19-2009, 12:14 AM

15 posts, read 53,410 times
I really don't watch much outside the HD range, so I can't speak for the sub 500's. Wife may report otherwise, but I don't seem to have a problem with the networks- however HGTV, ESPN, and CNN have all had issues. Think you're correct in assessing it as a TW problem since it's occurring with multiple hddvr's.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:55 PM

a tech came out today again , stayed about 10 mins said he couldnt fix it left, call TWC they said it would thurday before they could sent someone out again , guess its time to get Directv which i dont really want to do , but TWC really WTF should be their name

Old 04-22-2009, 09:28 AM

525 posts, read 1,923,934 times
There are soooo many issues right now with TWC. Where's AT&T U-verse or Verizon FiOs when we need them?

Old 04-22-2009, 08:07 PM

1 posts, read 9,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winstonsalem46 View Post
I live in winston salem and have been have in problems with a message on some hd channels that says channel not avilable try back later reboot the box and the channel reappers but contiunesly happens for last 4 month and i have had 8 service calles and 5 dvrs , now thw channels are all there but the dvr is not recording the full time of the recordedshow say a 30 min show is record and it only records 1 min or two segments of 10 and 15 mins and also during the recording of one show the hd channels freeze up mainly on 552 and 564 , have anyone else seen any of these problems, have called the BBB since Time Warner has NOT fix these issue in 4 months
I have experienced the same issues. I have rebooted the dvr, but after a few weeks, the same problem reoccurs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point