U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2009, 02:19 PM

3 posts, read 7,500 times

Advertisements

Hey,
We're a German-American family and new to North Wilkesboro, just came back to NC after 9 years in Germany. I wonder if there's anyone else from Germany living in this area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 10:01 PM

3 posts, read 7,500 times
How about Winston Salem or High Point or anywhere near?

Old 05-05-2009, 01:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,395 times
Default Find the Kruger Brothers

Hey family Flynt,

Welcome back. The Kruger Brothers and their families are residents of your area. They are actually from Switzerland. You will find them playing music all over this country, but the kids are here I think. Mostly teenagers if I remember.

Jens Kruger is guy you need to meet. Ask how to find him at Minton's Pawn Shop. Someone will know. He or his wife will probably know if their are other German-speaking folks around here.

Donna Absher

Home - Kruger Brothers

Old 05-11-2009, 04:59 AM

3 posts, read 4,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaaa View Post
Hey family Flynt,

Welcome back. The Kruger Brothers and their families are residents of your area. They are actually from Switzerland. You will find them playing music all over this country, but the kids are here I think. Mostly teenagers if I remember.

Jens Kruger is guy you need to meet. Ask how to find him at Minton's Pawn Shop. Someone will know. He or his wife will probably know if their are other German-speaking folks around here.

Donna Absher

Home - Kruger Brothers
Hey Donna,
Thanks for your response. I'll try to get in touch with Kruegers ASAP.
Hava a good one

Old 06-21-2009, 04:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,250 times
Can anyone tell me about the town. Hubby and I are looking at retiring from AZ here due to the close proximity to the mountains and trees and getting away from extreme temperatures in AZ. We like small town rural living and wonder what the weather is like most of the year. As long as there is no extreme heat and we can open our windows (screened of course) to the outdoors, it would be wonderful. Its so hot here in AZ I feel like a virtual prisonor in the house, its 90+ from May to mid November and its nervewracking. Your area sounds very lovely and quiet, something we both look for in a town and area. We don't need shopping and big malls, stuff like that. We can drive to that anytime we want it. We want plenty of quiet, land, pretty trees and mountains, etc. Neither of us are social butterflys either, more to ourselves and mind our own business.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:43 PM

222 posts, read 850,907 times
Wilkesboro is more in the foothills, although the northern and western parts of the county are mountainous. It still gets hot (90's) and is humid in the summer, although the higher elevations are cooler. Winters aren't too bad with cold and not much snow for the most part. The area is economically depressed. Active arts community with music, visual arts, theatre. The community college (http://www.wilkescc.edu/wcccms/ - broken link) has a good reputation and also has a lot to offer the area as far as entertainment.

Wilkesboro Tourism Development Authority - Wilkes County, North Carolina

Old 11-24-2009, 05:17 PM

3 posts, read 3,782 times
Hello from Ireland.I am looking for relatives who moved to North Wilkesboro in the very early eighties,My Aunty Teresa Creagh Adams passed away on october 9th 1987 and as far as I know her Husband Joe RED Adams and their children Rita ,Linda,Ruthie and their youngest son Joe jnr continued to live there.Anyone who knows them from North Wilkesboro I would be delighted with any information.Thank you
Slainte
Cathy mck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point