U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2007, 08:48 AM

3 posts, read 5,882 times

Advertisements

My Wife And I Have Posted Before And We Have A Couple More Questions. We Are Looking To Migrate Down South. If You All Had To Recommend One Area Over Another What Would You Say?
Kernersville? Whitsett? Burlington? Summerfield? Oak Ridge? Mcleansville?

Also, Is High Point As Bad As Everyone Says It Is?

Is There Anyone Out There Who Has Moved Down From New Jersey,(we Are From South Jersey) And Could Provide Us With Some Further Information As To What Areas Down There Compare To Areas Up Here?

Thanks All!!!

We Appreciate Your Help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 11:17 AM

8 posts, read 24,478 times
Hi KristiandPaul, High Point is not as nice as some of the others you mentioned. Moderator cut: keep contact info in profile

Old 04-12-2007, 04:06 PM

8 posts, read 25,140 times

It all depends on what you are looking for. Never lived in Kernersville, but I never like going there.

Whitsett & McLeansville are convenient to the interstate. Not much going on though.

Not a lot in Summerfield. I don't know much about it but it's pretty convenient to Battleground just not the interstate.

If I didn't want to live in the city, I would live in McLeansville. I lived there for about three years and it was nice.

Never lived in NJ either. Been a few times but never lived there.

Good luck on your move!

Old 04-20-2007, 01:52 PM

41 posts, read 182,568 times
Default Triad Area?

It all depends on what you are looking for. Moved to Kernersville when I was 11 and hated it. But, that is from a kids point of view. As an adult, I have gotten a better view of K'ville and it's strength being the hub with Winston, Greensboro and High Point the spokes. K'ville does have one problem which is small town with lots of traffic on two lane roads.

As mentioned above, Whitsett & McLeansville are convenient to the interstate. Never really hear anything about them but when you do - it alway positive.

Summerfield and the Oak Ridge area are the place to be now. Lots of development, mostly in the 300k+ range.

A number of people here at the office live in McLeansville. They really like it out there for a number of reason one being good place to raise kids and easy to get into Greensboro.

I do not know where people are getting the idea High Point has a high crime rate. I am in all three cities on a regular basis for business and family matters. Each has its own issues and areas you might want to steer clear of. I deal with crime stats as part of my monthly reporting here at the office and see very little difference between Winston, Greensboro and High Point stats.

Never lived in NJ either. Been a few times but never lived there.

Good luck on your move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or