U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 12:35 PM

9 posts, read 25,541 times

Advertisements

Hi Y'all,
My partner is exploring a job option in Greensboro - any advice on the best areas to look for a house for two middle-aged lesbians? Just wondering where the older, professional, more sedate couples gravitate towards in a neighborhood...would appreciate any advice.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 03:09 PM

7,088 posts, read 13,038,023 times
with the exception of a rare incident on the part of some inbred teenager, I have not seen much in the way of gay bashing. By in large, GSO is an educated community, hate crimes are much more frequently committed by the woefully undereducated. I worked bars for several years and, far and away, most of the disputes had nothing to do with anyone's sexual orientation, or ethnic background.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:10 PM

15 posts, read 53,410 times
I'd check out Sunset Hills, Lindley Park or Westerwood. Lake Daniel, and the bohemian section of Fisher Park may fit the bill, too.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:20 PM

109 posts, read 351,290 times
Greensboro is a very gay friendly city especially downtown and in the neighborhoods mentioned in the above post. Tonight is Drag Queen Bingo in the downtown Regency / Empire Rooms.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:22 AM

1 posts, read 6,603 times
Smile Gay friendly neighborhood in Greensboro

I can't think of any better place than College Hill. S. Mendenhall St. is really great. It's very interesting, with many turn of the century homes and a very diverse and open-minded population. It's very friendly and old-fashioned in that people walk the neighborhood and sit out on their front porches.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:06 AM

525 posts, read 1,923,934 times
oh there are so many- Lindley Park, Sunset Hills, Fisher Park, Aycock, College Hill. I have lots of gay friends who live all over. Many of the older neighborhoods have gay populations. It's a good town to be gay in, as a client once told me.
Lindley Park and Sunset Hills revolve around the intersection of Walker and Elam where there are restaurants, bars, Bestway Grocery store, etc. and many gay folks live in our little neighborhood. There's a lesbian couple two doors down from us who have a little girl. It's nice.
Good luck!

Old 06-10-2009, 01:59 PM

63 posts, read 104,245 times
I am not from NC but in doing some of my own research on relocating to the triad area, this link came up on google. WELCOME: Gay Triad North Carolina Page! GLBT Resources & More! I wonder if it would be helpful to you. I just thought I would put that out there.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:10 PM

45 posts, read 151,251 times
Having lived in Sunset Hills and having had friends in Fisher Park -- those are great places as well! Aycock neighborhood is a neat little place, but I'm not sure how safe/stable it is anymore. We have friends that live in that neighborhood, and the houses and neighbors are great -- but sometimes you get a little "spillover" from some of the other closer neighborhoods.

Old 12-07-2016, 10:31 AM

9 posts, read 13,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clariceIm View Post
Hi Y'all,
My partner is exploring a job option in Greensboro - any advice on the best areas to look for a house for two middle-aged lesbians? Just wondering where the older, professional, more sedate couples gravitate towards in a neighborhood...would appreciate any advice.
Thanks.
Can you or anyone offer any insight now, 7 years later?

Old 12-20-2016, 10:28 AM

10,396 posts, read 19,409,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckerdogavl View Post
Can you or anyone offer any insight now, 7 years later?
You might contact someone at Greensboro Pride for resources. There is not currently an LGBT Center in GSO but I believe they are in the process of putting one together. Also the Guilford Green Foundation is a big nonprofit serving the community....just another place to get a referral, maybe. Ask for gay realtors?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point