U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2007, 06:59 AM

362 posts, read 899,645 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have information on Elon? My daughter is interested in Elon University and we are going to take a look in a couple of weeks. Any recommendations for places to stay? Any comments about the town? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 09:38 AM

1 posts, read 4,875 times
I graduated from Elon and I sincerely hope that my children would consider going there as opposed to a larger university. It is a beautiful campus with great administrators and professors who actually take an interest in the education of the collegiates.

As for a place to stay, there are many hotels near the interstate and not too far from the campus. I would recommend the Hampton Inn or the Courtyard as I've stayed at both and they are clean and well run.

The town of Elon is small and quaint as is neighboring Burlington. I still have family in the area and I love to go back and visit. It is very close to Greensboro and the Triad, so shopping at a "major" mall is not out of reach. I'm not sure if the outlets are still in full operation, but they are 2 exits up the highway and they always had good bargains when I was there. I hope this helps and if you have any other questions before or after your visit, I'd be glad to help!

Old 04-11-2007, 09:57 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,605,991 times
I agree with above poster excellent school choice and town. I also agree it is a good location between the triad and triangle.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:20 AM

Thank you so much Carolina and Sunny. There was really no info on the town itself when I looked on the net, and the one picture looked like 5 buildings for the whole town. At any rate my daughter will be happy to know a mall is not far away. Looking foward to our visit.

Old 04-13-2007, 04:41 PM

1 posts, read 4,792 times
Barbara,

We toured Elon University just a couple of weeks ago. It was so wonderful! I loved reading what Carolinagirl92 wrote. I found Elon to be just as she said....even down to all the people we met including my younger sons in the conversations. It was simply a lovely place. I wish we had the time to tour the town a bit--but we were on a tight schedule that weekend. We will be going back. Have a wonderful visit....would be great if you posted your thoughts when you return! Is your daughter a high school junior or senior? Mine is a Junior...... Have a great trip!

Rachel

Old 04-13-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchome View Post
Barbara,

We toured Elon University just a couple of weeks ago. It was so wonderful! I loved reading what Carolinagirl92 wrote. I found Elon to be just as she said....even down to all the people we met including my younger sons in the conversations. It was simply a lovely place. I wish we had the time to tour the town a bit--but we were on a tight schedule that weekend. We will be going back. Have a wonderful visit....would be great if you posted your thoughts when you return! Is your daughter a high school junior or senior? Mine is a Junior...... Have a great trip!

Rachel
Rachel

She is a junior also. We are trying to map our trip now. She also wants to look at UNC Chapel Hill and now someone has suggested UNC Wilmington and Eastern Carolina. In addition we are trying to see University of South Carolina and Clemson. Clearly this will be quite the road trip. Thank you for your input. I'll let you know what we think.

Barbara
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point