U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-11-2007, 07:55 AM
 
2 posts, read 4,433 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Hey all,

I've been looking through listingbook and the main greensboro real estate search site and am having problems. Most of this stems from yesterday I found out how crazy expensive HOA fees combined with taxes would make my monthly payments on places i'm interested in (townhouses and condos)...

So now I'm also looking into houses. I've been looking for up to 130K price range (don't really want to spend outside of 850/month) but also want to live in a decent area and close to Moses Cone Hospital (within 10-15 minutes). Any help would be appreciated! I'm coming from indiana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-11-2007, 04:20 PM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC
1,261 posts, read 3,899,768 times
Reputation: 757
There are a few homes for sale in Foxcroft housing development on Randleman Rd. (The end closest to the country.) The average home seems to be selling for $120,000-130,000. One of them across the street from me is selling for $125,000. It's a pleasant neighborhood. Nice neighbors. Lots of kids.

I wish you all the best!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2007, 03:57 PM
 
8 posts, read 25,140 times
Reputation: 12
There are some homes off Lawndale for around the 130's Check 27408 zipcode or neighborhood Lawndale Homes or Dellwood. I live in a home built in the 50's and got it last year for 130 something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2007, 08:18 PM
 
716 posts, read 1,526,786 times
Reputation: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane725 View Post
Hey all,

I've been looking through listingbook and the main greensboro real estate search site and am having problems. Most of this stems from yesterday I found out how crazy expensive HOA fees combined with taxes would make my monthly payments on places i'm interested in (townhouses and condos)...

So now I'm also looking into houses. I've been looking for up to 130K price range (don't really want to spend outside of 850/month) but also want to live in a decent area and close to Moses Cone Hospital (within 10-15 minutes). Any help would be appreciated! I'm coming from indiana.
i can help you as well. my house may be what you are looking for. my wife works at moses cone. email me and i can give you more info....

steve.shropshire@yahoo.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2007, 06:57 AM
 
7 posts, read 19,073 times
Reputation: 11
Reedy Fork Ranch (in Northern Greensboro) is a very nice are and I believe they have some condos in that price range. You might want to check that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2007, 06:54 PM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC
6 posts, read 15,256 times
Reputation: 10
Hi Niki,

What is Foxcroft like? My wife and I are an inter-racial couple (puerto rican and white) and are looking for a welcoming community. Thanks!

- KH


Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
There are a few homes for sale in Foxcroft housing development on Randleman Rd. (The end closest to the country.) The average home seems to be selling for $120,000-130,000. One of them across the street from me is selling for $125,000. It's a pleasant neighborhood. Nice neighbors. Lots of kids.

I wish you all the best!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2007, 08:06 PM
 
43 posts, read 139,117 times
Reputation: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyHawker View Post
Hi Niki,

What is Foxcroft like? My wife and I are an inter-racial couple (puerto rican and white) and are looking for a welcoming community. Thanks!

- KH

Well, since you're an inter-racial couple rather than just a couple-couple, I'm sure the town will be planning a parade My wife and I are just plain white people, so all we got was a candle holder from the realtor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2007, 12:55 AM
 
Location: Greensboro, NC
1,261 posts, read 3,899,768 times
Reputation: 757
Foxcroft is pre-dominantly African-American (myself & my family are white) with a few white families and maybe some Hispanic. We've lived here for almost 9 years and have never had any problems. Especially not racial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2007, 08:50 AM
 
Location: greensboro
525 posts, read 1,926,272 times
Reputation: 103
I usually give my clients a Costco Membership- the gift that keeps on giving.

There are plenty of homes available for less than $130 but the location will depend on which "branch" of Moses Cone you are going to be working.

Let me know if I can help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2007, 02:52 PM
 
109 posts, read 351,139 times
Reputation: 33
Default Suggestion

The area around Lynbrook Dr is good, close to the hospital
and very affordable. I grew up there.
The area code is 27405. You also might try around State St.
Best wishes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top