Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2009, 07:53 PM

36 posts, read 74,172 times

Advertisements

I know this has been a topic in the past...but in the 2 years I have been reading a lot can change. Looking to finalize our area of choice and we find ourselves loving both.... anyone willing to sway our decision? We love Waterford and Arbor Run and have visited all the schools and like them all. Hmmmm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 08:13 PM

2,668 posts, read 7,155,424 times
You won't go wrong with either of them. I live in Clemmons, and we love it here. In Clemmons you'll have a wider variety of restaurants and shopping than in Lewisville, but other than that I can't see much difference in the two. And even that isn't a big deal because from Lewisville you can be in Clemmons in 5 minutes. I'd recommend you base your decision more on finding a house you like--whether it's in Clemmons or Lewisville won't matter too much.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:44 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,550,237 times
Clemmons all the way. Lewisville has always taken a back seat to Clemmons. Lewisville has the barest of essentials. If you live in Lewisville...you pretty much have to always drive to Clemmons or Winston-Salem for anything. Lewisville is a nice town...but Clemmons has always been know for being more Upscale. Just my 2 cents worth.

Clemmons & Lewisville both have good school districts.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:41 PM

15 posts, read 35,458 times
My 2 cents, Lewisville is much more upscale! And I do not mind having to drive to Clemmons for essentials. Let Clemmons deal with the traffic. And just take a look at the main drags in both towns. Lewisville-Clemmons Road in Clemmons vs Shallowford Road in L'ville. That speaks volumes to me.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:51 PM

2 posts, read 2,876 times
I've personally done my fair share in Clemmons, and also Lewisville. I've lived in both, and for me Clemmons would save you an extra $1.00 in gas everyday if you drive from Lewisville and back. But if you like to have a quiet night, I would suggest Lewisville. Clemmons just seems like theres too many young people out at night.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:44 AM

3 posts, read 5,001 times
any trade high schools around lewisville. My son does cabinet making in his vocational high school right now and loves it. Any down there???

Old 12-04-2009, 09:32 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,155,424 times
Mass, the Career Center offers programs in certain trades. I don't know if there is one specifically for cabinet-making, but I know they do have construction-related programs. Here is the web site--you can contact them for more info.

Career Center - Home (http://wsfcs.k12.nc.us/education/school/school.php?sectionid=129 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point