U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2007, 06:37 AM

1 posts, read 2,727 times

Advertisements

We are considering an offer on a home in this neighborhood. Anyone with knowledge of this area (North Davidson), the schools, or anything else a potential home buyer should know are appreciated.

Schools are Wallburg / Ledford, which seem to rate well (Schools of Distinction).

The golf course (Meadowlands) looks nice - not sure what it's reputation is.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2015, 07:35 PM

3 posts, read 2,216 times
Exclamation Meadowlands - mixed review

The Meadowlands is a nice neighborhood with a great pool, golf course, biking trails and in a good school district. There is a good mix of retirees, kids with families, and empty nesters. Like any neighborhood, there are "clicks" or groups (comprised of orig owners) that make it difficult for anyone new to feel welcome here. This seems to be more of an issue vs. other neighborhoods. I wish they would have some self-awareness and make an effort to get to know new neighbors. There are exceptions and a minority of neighbors are extremely nice....

Old 09-02-2015, 01:54 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,102,900 times
OP: I live in Meadowlands, in Inverness no less. We LOVE it. PM with any specific questions. I'm curious which home you're considering.

The schools were a big factor in why we chose the area - good performance with relatively low property taxes. We moved in 2011; daughter went one year to Wallburg Elementary, then 3 years at the new Oak Grove Middle School. She just started at Ledford High...note that once the new high school is built (across from Oak Grove Middle), I'm sure Meadowlands residents will attend the new high school (I'm guessing they'll call it Oak Grove High School).

I don't golf, but I think the course has a decent, maybe not stellar, reputation. A lot of people here do golf. We just like the gentle hills and more open feel of a golf course community.

I love being close to anywhere in the Triad - 20 minutes to most of Winston-Salem (where I work), 15-20 minutes to High Point, 20-30 minutes to Greensboro. Kernersville is also convenient to all of the Triad, but I'm glad we didn't move there (an area on the north end of Kernersville, almost to Oak Ridge, was second choice to Meadowlands) as I would have had to deal with a LOT more traffic getting to work. One VERY minor downside is that only the basic necessities are within 5 minutes, in Wallburg - groceries, a few restaurants, fuel, etc.

If you see my posts on this forum, you'll notice that I take every opportunity to tell people about Meadowlands if they're considering homes in the price range and area.

Old 09-02-2015, 01:58 PM

I will add that I agree to an extent with rhauser. Inverness had get-togethers when we first moved here, for people to meet up with their neighbors. We have basically a "cordial" relationship with our neighbors - no issues whatsoever, but no true friends. I'd say a majority of Meadowlands residents are not from the area, and not even from NC. My wife and I are from all over, having lived in several states previously, but in NC for 10 years now (4 in the Triad). Since I grew up in NY State, I'm ok with not being super friendly with people I don't know. lol

Old 09-02-2015, 02:01 PM

4,639 posts, read 4,805,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
OP: I live in Meadowlands, in Inverness no less. We LOVE it. PM with any specific questions. I'm curious which home you're considering.
The OP is from April, 2007.

Old 09-02-2015, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
The OP is from April, 2007.
dammit lol
I got excited to see a thread about Meadowlands
didn't realize it was just showing up because of the bump. oh well.
I wonder if OP is one of my neighbors.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:16 PM

3 posts, read 2,216 times
We basically decided to move to the Meadowlands for the exact same reasons as emelvee indicated (schools, proximity to Greensboro, High Point, Winston-Salem). Actually, Wallburg, Oak Grove and Ledford performed the best in Davidson County.

http://www.ncpublicschools.org/docs/...g/spg1415.xlsx

We also considered Oak Ridge and Kernersville but felt like the Meadowlands had the best value all factors considered. You can find comparable houses in Kernersville but you won't be able to beat the school district, low property taxes, and (less) traffic in the Meadowlands area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point