U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2007, 08:17 PM

8 posts, read 51,868 times

Advertisements

I may have found a townhouse to rent in Greensboro. It's in the Woodlea Lakes area near Montcastle Dr. and Vandalia Rd. Can anyone provide a little info about this area? Is it a good neighborhood? Thanks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2007, 03:02 AM

1,261 posts, read 3,896,733 times
It's not really a good neighborhood, but it's not terrible either. I personally wouldn't live there. Sorry.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:25 AM

8 posts, read 51,868 times
Thanks Niki. I was afraid that was the response I'd get. I checked out the link you were kind enough to provide me with yesterday, and they don't have any rental homes in the area. I feel like I'm either going to be forced to get an apartment or find a house in the Raleigh/Durham area and commute in. I wonder why it's so hard to find houses for rent in good neighborhoods in Greensboro.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:29 PM

1,261 posts, read 3,896,733 times
I don't know. Have you tried some of the smaller communities around Greensboro? Pleasant Garden, Level Cross, Stokesdale, Gibsonville, McCleansville, Oak Ridge, Summerfield, Belews Creek, Colfax, Forest Oaks, or even Kernersville. Any of those would be a lot closer than Raleigh, which is about an hour and a half away.

Have you tried looking further north? Eden, Reidsville, Madison, King, Tobaccoville, Walnut Cove.

You could also look south to Randleman and Asheboro. Taxes are cheaper in Randolph County (and Rockingham & Stokes counties), so that's a plus. As well as being closer than Raleigh or Durham.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:40 AM

41 posts, read 182,452 times
Default Response to areas to rent housing

I would have to second Nikki's response. I would strongly recommend looking in areas around here before communting from Raleigh. The traffic between here and Raleigh is quite heavy and they are forever working on the highway. I have seen a number of notices for rental houses in the Belews Creek, Kernersville and Stokesdale area. Just get online and you should be able to find some.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:58 AM

1 posts, read 3,169 times
Woodlea is a lovely area. I bought my townhome in 98' and never had a problem. As a matter of fact, I met my husband there. It's a family oriented area full of hard working adults. You may want to consider visiting the area before making a final decision.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:08 AM

1 posts, read 2,961 times
Woodlea Lakes is a fine neighborhood I don't believe Nikki has ever lived there because if she did she would never say such a thing. I have lived there for several years and I have never experienced any problems.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:22 AM

525 posts, read 1,924,689 times
There's no problems with Woodlea Lakes that isn't prevalent in other apartment communities. In fact, I know folks who moved out of Glenwood to "get in a better part of town" and moved out on Friendly and had more problems. So I suggest you visit and see for yourself. Every home I have ever lived in I either drove by or sat on the porch at night. Just to see what is going on.

If you need more options, try Elder Properties of Greensboro, Inc. - Homes for rent / lease in Greensboro, High Point, Guilford County, Pleasant Garden, Julian, Forest Oaks, Gibsonville, Jamestown, Stoney Creek, Summerfield and tell them michael sent you

Old 11-13-2007, 08:14 AM

5 posts, read 20,812 times
Default it sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCLover27406 View Post
Woodlea Lakes is a fine neighborhood I don't believe Nikki has ever lived there because if she did she would never say such a thing. I have lived there for several years and I have never experienced any problems.
I disagree with nc lover, and i agree with Nikki. Personally I think it sucks. I rode by that neighborhood looking for a house. I saw some kids egging and car and toilet papering a house. it was really rude. I hope that you don't live in this atrocious terrible disgusting niehborhood

Old 11-13-2007, 09:32 AM

525 posts, read 1,924,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodlea lakes sucks View Post
I disagree with nc lover, and i agree with Nikki. Personally I think it sucks. I rode by that neighborhood looking for a house. I saw some kids egging and car and toilet papering a house. it was really rude. I hope that you don't live in this atrocious terrible disgusting niehborhood
how close was this to Halloween?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point