U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2007, 08:33 PM

1 posts, read 4,646 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I'm moving to Greensboro in few weeks and I don't know nothing about the Triad Area or NC. I'm married, 35 y/o with one month old son and I would like to know what are the best areas to locate my home. What are the best residential zones in Greensboro? (I mean safety, quiet, etc.) All advices are very welcome!!! Many thanks in advance!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2007, 03:00 AM

1,261 posts, read 3,897,080 times
As far as safety and schools (in case you're here long enough for your son to go to school), the best areas are in northwest Greensboro. Zip codes 27455, 27410, 27408.

Pleasant Garden is a nice, little, peaceful town near Greensboro. I've lived there before and loved it. The elementary school there is fine (there's also a Christian school), but I would move before your son got into middle school.

Other peaceful areas are Julian, Climax, Level Cross, Franklinville. They're located in the country. Level Cross and Franklinville are just across the county line in Randolph County.

I hear Oak Ridge and Summerfield (northwest Guilford County) are also nice places to live. As is Stokesdale, which I think is in Rockingham County. The taxes in Rockingham County and Randolph County are cheaper, I believe.

I wish y'all all the best!

Old 04-16-2007, 07:23 PM

5 posts, read 14,625 times
Default Nc

We are thiknig about moving to NC.
We have two options to choose from: Greensboro Vs Fayetteville.
Having EXCELLENT Schools is ver important to us.

Which one has :
1] Better schools.
2] Better economy.
3] Good job market and job growth.
4] In general better place to live and raise family?
5] If you have to move, where would you move :Greensboro Vs Fayetteville.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:53 PM

1,261 posts, read 3,897,080 times
Oh, no doubt about it - Greensboro. I've lived in and around Fayetteville and I don't like it.

The best schools in Greensboro are in the northwest part of the city. Look around zip codes 27455, 27408, 27410 and also check out Oak Ridge and Summerfield.

All the best!

Old 04-18-2007, 08:56 AM

550 posts, read 1,620,122 times
The Jamestown area is nice too...that's where i'm selling my house.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Mai

14 posts, read 146,567 times
Greensboro is miles better than Fayetteville.
Better schools and a better economy in general.

If schools are the most important to you, move near the New Garden/Battleground Area. It's very safe.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:42 PM

4 posts, read 151,924 times
no doubt about. ive lived in greensboro for 30 years and absolutley love it. far better than charllote and raleigh. best schools: Middle: Kernodle Middle, Northwest Middle, Northern Middle. High schools: Northwest High, Northern, Western
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point