U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 11:43 AM

7 posts, read 12,207 times

Advertisements

We moved to Mocksville about 11 months ago. So far we love it. It is quiet, and has pretty much everything you need in town. Salisbury which is a larger town is a short drive away. I would recommend living here to others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 02:10 PM

72 posts, read 164,265 times
ncnewbe..We are also thinking of moving to Mocksville. May I ask if you have school age children and if so how do you like the schools? We drove through there on vacation and loved the feel of the town and are hoping to be there in the next year.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:46 AM

7 posts, read 12,207 times
Default No kids in school

We don't have any kids in the school system here. I hear the high school is currently over crowed but a new one is proposed to be built.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:04 PM

2 posts, read 2,632 times
Default Germans

I have a German friend who is also looking for more German friends too. I am so happy I found your post again!

Old 09-26-2011, 06:20 PM

275 posts, read 324,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post
Like a lot of small, rural-ish communities, Davie has drug problems. You don't hear much about them unless you live there because it's not a "known" area with a news source. And it is a conservative area. When a county board member was recently replaced, the news hounds made sure to let everyone know that he is a Republican. That same town board recently passed a resolution supporting the "one man-one woman" marriage act. My thought was "oookay ..... I voted for a council to oversee issues like economic development and see to the advancement of necessary things like water and sewers. If they're piddling with issues like that, I'll remember when I next go to vote." Personal opinion: I want these people to actually work for the benefit of the county. Spending their time yarning about gay marriage isn't going to replace jobs recently lost in this area
Quite right! Many things in Davie pass under the radar unless you are looking very carefully on the pack pages. Remember the peeping tom teacher?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point