U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2009, 12:16 PM

216 posts, read 638,612 times

Advertisements

I just moved to greensboro and I need to change my sc driver lisc to nc, where is the best dmv around adams farm parkway to go? Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 12:37 PM

457 posts, read 754,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sal329 View Post
I just moved to greensboro and I need to change my sc driver lisc to nc, where is the best dmv around adams farm parkway to go? Thank you

Probably the best one near that area is the one at 2301 Coliseum Blvd, Greensboro. I went there for the same thing just about a year ago when I moved to NC. They were pretty quick. Just remember that you have to take the test again, so be prepaired for that.

ALSO, I don't know about SC, but here in NC, you must present something that has your middle name on it. It can't be an initial!

Old 06-29-2009, 03:19 PM

2,657 posts, read 7,183,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittKat View Post
ALSO, I don't know about SC, but here in NC, you must present something that has your middle name on it. It can't be an initial!

And make sure it's an official document: passport, notarized birth certificate, etc

Gawd, I can't believe the trouble I went through with that. We'd been living here 15 years, I had my license changed immediately after moving. But because my middle name wasn't in the system, just the initial, I was almost SOL in getting the license renewed.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:22 PM

216 posts, read 638,612 times
Have to retake the written test? Oh no lol. I need my lisc tomorrow to start work... hope I remember the laws

Old 06-29-2009, 07:22 PM

273 posts, read 850,396 times
Oh yeah...I almost made the mistake of not looking up what I needed to bring and then realized I had to take a written. Not too tough, but I would recommend looking at the booklet. There are some so, so laws that you think you know but the law is completely opposite.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:03 AM

6 posts, read 12,409 times
If you carry a DL with a MC endorsement from another state do you have to retest for the MC?

Old 07-06-2009, 07:09 AM

273 posts, read 850,396 times
Yes, to MC. Should just be the written test, but it's up to the examiner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point