U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 06:09 PM

8 posts, read 51,862 times

Advertisements

How is the neighborhood around four seasons mall? Is that a quiet/safe place to live? I was in town today for my final interview and had a chance to drive through some of the neighborhoods. Unfortunately, there's only so much you can surmise from driving through town in the middle of the day. So I'd like to get some of your input if possible. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2007, 08:55 AM

550 posts, read 1,619,652 times
Some areas around it are good...some lean toward crime. Be careful.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:24 AM
Mai

14 posts, read 146,555 times
Overall it's just ok.

Some areas have crime and can be kinda ghetto. But the further you are from the mall I think the better you are.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:54 PM

1,261 posts, read 3,896,167 times
What they said. It can be kind of iffy.

Old 04-18-2007, 05:15 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,841,849 times
I'd stay away from there. Not just due to what people have already mentioned but also for traffic and other reasons. There is so much more to Greensboro.

Old 06-03-2007, 06:29 PM

92 posts, read 267,094 times
Hi Silently, i recently relocated to the area and I've a friend who lives in the Four Seasons area. I don't care for that area because of the noise from I-40, but it seems to be ok. I opted for the western side of town, off of Wendover Ave and it's a little busy but it's nice. I hope all goes well with your search

Old 06-15-2007, 03:38 AM

3 posts, read 23,012 times
Hey Silently,

I just purchased a home not too far from the mall in the Rolling Roads Sub-division. I moved from NYC. While I don't know Gboro very well yet, I do know Ghetto when I see it. This sub-divion is very nice and quite charming. The school, Archer Elementry is one of the better one's in the area. As a matter of fact, it is so quiet and peaceful, I can't sleep at night. Consider the Rolling Roads Sub. I agree, stay away from HPR -High Point Road near Florida street. Anything over there you should be apprehensive about. I looked at over 35 homes before deciding and I loved the area and the fact that homes in the area where reasonable and had appreciated considerably in recent years. It's a good investment.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:25 PM

2,031 posts, read 6,139,876 times
Default Four Seasons Mall

I visited the High Point Road/Four Seasons Mall area recently and noticed how the area seems to be declining. Before Friendly Center and Wendover became the top shopping area in GBO Four Seasons was the place to go. To be honest, I would be reluctant to get out of my car to go in many of the stores, restaurants on High Point Road. Some parts of it look like a Third World country. I would caution out of towners to be cautious in that area of GBO. I hope the Mall survives all the changes as it is one of the most beautifully designed Malls in the U.S., in my opinion.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:40 AM

27 posts, read 122,462 times
It seems the High Point Road/Four Seasons mall area has declined a bit due to the more recent build up of Wendover Ave. & The "new" shops at Friendly Center. However, there is some development going on in a tract of land adjacent to the mall. A new movie theatre and shops and restaurants I think. IMO I think you can split High Point Road into two sections, as far as the "safety" factor. HP road north of I-40 from I-40 to W. Lee St. is definately more run down than HP road south of I-40 from the mall to Hilltop/Groometown Rd. One thing that might help: The city of GSO should ban panhandling and provide more funding for the homeless.

Old 07-07-2007, 03:52 AM

1,261 posts, read 3,896,167 times
Yeah, I agree. From about Florida St. (a little before it) and on to Lee St. is where it gets bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point