Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 05:44 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover11 View Post
I didn't have any separation disqualifications. They let me go on March 27, 2008, because they needed someone that could do two jobs. If that wasn't bad enough, they told me that everything on my evaluation was unsatisfactory except my attendance. They would not give me a copy of my evaluation, let me look at it, or sign it. I know the employer does not have to give you a copy according to the stinking laws in this state, but I thought they were required to let you look over it and sign it, for proof that you had seen it. I worked there for 2 years and 3 months. If everything about me was unsatisfactory, they should have talked to me about the problem, or let me go sooner. That was on Thursday, March 27th. They hired the daughter of the lady that works at front desk. She came in on March 31 as a part time employee. I heard she is full time now. I know in NC they can let you go for any reason or no reason at all, because it's an At Will state. Do you know if they can make an evaluation bad to justify letting you go because they wanted to hire someone for your job, and not let you know you were doing unsatisfactory work? Last year I worked from January until March 27th. I went to the unemployment office on Tuesday, and she told me I didn't have enough weeks to qualify for EB. I had 13 weeks and she said I needed 20 weeks. Evidently, the county where I live is not going by the first quarter of 2007 for EB, they're going by the first quarter of 2008. Even if they were taking EB from the first quarter of 2008, I worked the first quarter. If EB is taken from the same base period as my regular UI and EUC I and II, then I should qualify for EB, because I worked all of 2006 and 2007. I guess no matter how many weeks I worked, if it's not 20 weeks I don't qualify. I know the EB benefits are 100% federally funded now. She told me the government has given them rules and they have to go by them. What are the rules for EB benefits? Do all counties in NC have to follow the same rules? I know with some of the unemployment compensation, it varies by state. I worked at a medical clinic in medical records. I've had 7 first interviews since April of 2008. I am not being called back for 2nd interviews. I don't know if any of those offices have called my former employer and they're telling them they will not rehire me, and they choose not to call me back for a 2nd interview. I don't know why they would tell them they would not rehire me, since they told me they were letting me go because they wanted someone that could do two jobs. I feel they made my evaluation bad for a reason. In my opinion, making my evaluation bad was uncalled for.
I agree with you, that was pretty rotten of your company to do that. You're right, you would have thought they would have given you SOME indication along the way that you weren't doing something right!

ALL Counties and ALL ESC offices in NC follow the same rules/base period. I can't verify that your ESC office is telling you the right thing without personally looking at your claim; I'm not sure what's going on.

It could be that you COMPLETELY exhausted ALL benefits and you MIGHT have been eligible for an additional augmentation of EB, however since your benefit year ended, you didn't have enough wages in the base period to establish a new benefit year. The current base period is 2Q2008, 3Q2008, 4Q2008 and 1Q2009. You must have wages of at least $4,550 spanning at least two of the four quarters in the base period in order to monetarily qualify. You last worked in 1Q2008, which is now outside the current base period and is not able to be used to establish a new benefit year. Further, wages in just one quarter of the base period is not enough to build a claim; it has to be at least two quarters in the base period.

If you had ANY benefits left in your prior benefit year and your benefit year ran out and you don't monetarily qualify for a new benefit year, you should attempt a new benefit year (even though you know it won't set up) and they would establish a new benefit year for you so that you can go back and draw the remaining balance in your old benefit year.

I'm sending you a personal message...

Last edited by jdljr; 08-26-2009 at 05:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 04:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,252 times
Default New Benefit Year filing NC help

Quote:
Originally Posted by gborogirl2009 View Post
Kudos to you. Thank you.

This is great of you to post and take time out of your day..some stuff on Unemployment benefits for NC are hard to find

I have a question... I went ahead and filed again once my benefit year was up.... I got notice in the mail of the amount and how long..
I did my usual weekly notification but no money today!!!! Do they once again hold back a week..
I'm nervous because on my claim it say Yes for issues...What would that me................sleepless in Charlotte

Old 09-11-2009, 07:13 PM

2 posts, read 3,897 times
Man do I feel lucky to find this site. Have been googling me hind end off for the past week.

A special thanks to jdljr for taking the time to splain this confusing stuff.

My wife, after 19 years with a large insurance company and looking at 62 years old this year, is a victim of the "out with the old and in with the new".

She has lots of issues we are having to deal with and hope to post any worthwhile questions here.

Again, thanks for being here.

Cheers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point