U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 04:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,899 times

Advertisements

salut
je ne sais pas si tu es encore la a greensboro ou ta parte deja, dans tt les cas si tu es encor la et tu es dans le besoin d'aide peut etre pour connaittre bien l'endroi, je peux t'aide et avec pleasir
porte toi bien
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 10:19 AM

627 posts, read 1,865,162 times
-Where is the best place to live considering Volvo's location? Highland Park neighborhood or Lindley Park neighborhood in Greensboro.
-Do I need a car? YES!
-Is is a young city? 5 Colleges brings in a lot of young people. It does not feel it a young city too me. Lots of boomers here too.
-Will I get bored? Probably.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:10 PM

23 posts, read 71,064 times
Greensboro is boring if you come from a big city and are looking for clubs, night life, transportation without a car, singles, etc.

Greensboro is fine if you prefer a "young family" atmosphere, soccer for kids, no traffic congestion and an ice cream festival once a year.

It is affordable, but not as inexpensive as you would expect for a smaller town.

I've been here 10 years and came from a large, liberal, vibrant and diverse city. I have not adjusted well (maybe just me), as I prefer more of a real city culture, nightlife, better shopping, fashion, etc.

My college kids at UNC and UNCC would NEVER come back to live in Greensboro. They say it is too quiet and boring. They had fun here while in middle/high school. The people are nice and I cannot complain about my kids growing up here. But for 20 somethings and "young" empty nesters it is not the ideal place, in my opinion.

(This is an old post, recently revived, therefore I'm not answering the Volvo Relo's question about standard of living and best area of Greensboro to live)

Old 11-30-2009, 02:12 PM

3 posts, read 9,715 times
You will hate living here its a boring city with nothing to do

Old 12-05-2009, 10:33 AM

415 posts, read 1,083,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belinda5 View Post
Greensboro is boring if you come from a big city and are looking for clubs, night life, transportation without a car, singles, etc.

Greensboro is fine if you prefer a "young family" atmosphere, soccer for kids, no traffic congestion and an ice cream festival once a year.

It is affordable, but not as inexpensive as you would expect for a smaller town.

I've been here 10 years and came from a large, liberal, vibrant and diverse city. I have not adjusted well (maybe just me), as I prefer more of a real city culture, nightlife, better shopping, fashion, etc.

My college kids at UNC and UNCC would NEVER come back to live in Greensboro. They say it is too quiet and boring. They had fun here while in middle/high school. The people are nice and I cannot complain about my kids growing up here. But for 20 somethings and "young" empty nesters it is not the ideal place, in my opinion.

(This is an old post, recently revived, therefore I'm not answering the Volvo Relo's question about standard of living and best area of Greensboro to live)
If you are coming from major city then I would suggest going to Charlotte or living on the out skirts of Charlotte its not that bad of a drive about an hour and a half I would only suggest that IF you have a flexible schedule so you dont wear yourself out with gas mileage. Charlotte has a lot to offer its a young city with BIG city amminities and pro football pro basketball and NASCAR. If you stay in the Charlotte area you would most likely only have to use your car just for going to work. Charlotte has a really nice brand new transit system. 8 malls to choose from TONS of bars to choose from!

Old 12-11-2009, 03:06 PM

21,218 posts, read 30,435,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belinda5 View Post
Actually not everyone moving from a big city is looking for clubs, night life, mass transit and lots of singles. Many people moving away from a big city are looking for places where it's not wild and crazy 24/7. After having lived in a big cities for almost 20 years, I've had it and I look forward to clean air, a lack of congestion, peace/quiet and friendly people. If I want to get wild/crazy every now and then, I'll travel to South Beach or NYC to scratch the itch.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:01 PM

5 posts, read 14,399 times
Bonjour, je ne sais pas si vous etes encore a Greensboro. Je vais y habiter bientot pour mon boulot et je voulais avoir la perspective d'un francophone. Comment c'est pour vous jusqu'a present? J'adore le volley et aussi le salsa donc des tuyaux seraient bien apprecies

Old 01-22-2013, 01:28 PM

2 posts, read 10,041 times
I am thinking of moving to the Greensboro area; Kirkland, Old Irving to be exact. I am close to retiring and want peace and quiet. I also want little to no crime and nice neighbors. I am moving from a small town in California near the bay area. I don't like it here. I don't like the people, the drugs, the gangs or the ultra "in your face" liberalism. I really just want to settle down to a peaceful life and have neighbors that take care of their homes. Maybe go to a museum from time to time.....Can anyone tell me what these areas are like? Or maybe suggest an area.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:47 AM

1 posts, read 1,676 times
Hi there,

I have recently got a job in united guaranty corp, in downtown greensboro. so, i am moving there from Denver , CO. I see from the above that, the city has good things to offer . I would love to network with you all .

I will have 30 days of temporary stay paid by the company. In the mean time, i need to find a place to live for me. Which area do you suggest ?

-subash.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:34 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,323,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoganti View Post
Hi there,

I have recently got a job in united guaranty corp, in downtown greensboro. so, i am moving there from Denver , CO. I see from the above that, the city has good things to offer . I would love to network with you all .

I will have 30 days of temporary stay paid by the company. In the mean time, i need to find a place to live for me. Which area do you suggest ?

-subash.
What are your preferences?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point